barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
The barrel floating behind (before it changes direction) aids in creating deeper core stretch and allows the hitter to sit dynamically.

3wLHMQV.gif

Different fundamental actions..

YBIThDB.gif

AjpBGPY.gif
The barrel isn't floating behind Bonds. It's moving away from the camera so it looks like it's still. Look at this view and you'll see it is moving rearward in Bonds' sagittal plane. Aka early bat speed.

Jul 29, 2013
I can accept that, He always looks funny demoing his method. But I'll cut him some slack for his age and probably limited range of motion. I 100% agree that you have be balanced whether 60/40, 70/30 etc. Your head will automatically get over the rear knee no matter which method you use if everything is working in sequence
All TM'S one legged swing shows me is that he swings deep and gets a big pelvis/ shoulder turn. He's rotating his rear leg outward (closed chain) and the result is his pelvis turns outward in the other direction and he adds shoulder turn.
Offset pushing against the pelvis by extending the front leg is a more powerful torque creator than using the smaller, less powerful, outward hip rotators

Oct 2, 2017
dis you think this one through ?

She didn't get fooled by a pitch she misread, she must of started way out sync with the pitcher. Because she gets on the front side a long time. LOL even then she is still trying to maintain launch position although very compromised.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Subjective CL. Where was the adjustment made? On the front leg? Out front? How do you do that from 1 leg? How do you do that if the shift is the swing? Releases the barrel out front? I thought it was ‘turn it from the back shoulder for depth’???

Jun 8, 2016
dis you think this one through ?

Yes.....what part do you disagree with? Like I said both hitters are using their front side (more than they would if they had they had read the pitch perfectly) in order to maintain a good launch position. Again the launch position is going to be compromised some but they are doing all they can to keep that from happening. Once they launch the swing is similar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478