barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Especially rise balls. Don't try to hit them up! (unless you know how to TTB)

Down to two legged swing.
BTW CB said up up, meaning shoulder height, that pitch was just above the waist. I agree with CB, as the pitch gets higher there is less tilt and the swing becomes more parallel with the ground

Jul 29, 2013
Yeah. Key word ‘YOU’. You’re not Griffey.
Duh. Did you just figure that out?
Down to two legged swing.
BTW CB said up up, meaning shoulder height, that pitch was just above the waist. I agree with CB, as the pitch gets higher there is less tilt and the swing becomes more parallel with the ground
Yes, the sternum is above the waist. But then you'd have to clarify which shoulder because it looks like it's at the back shoulder.
One might assume he meant a high strike because no one should swing at balls out of the strike zone...but TTB would help you get on plane early and torquing the handle would increase your bat speed. Both improve your chances of doing a little more than hitting a ground ball to second base which would be what DNT would get you..... er wait, it was a rise ball..DNT would get you a K and a quick trip back to the dugout to get your glove. Remember AROD and Trout both said they struggle with the high strike.
And she's clearly swinging off her front leg.
Screenshot_2019-12-10-08-37-51.png

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Notice how the barrel pauses when the direction changes. Really ruins bat speed. Don't ya think?

The barrel floating behind (before it changes direction) aids in creating deeper core stretch and allows the hitter to sit dynamically.

3wLHMQV.gif

Different fundamental actions..

YBIThDB.gif

AjpBGPY.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
FYI. The pendulum swinging early is right up TTBs alley. That why you hit high pitches so well. Not much adjustment needed with the body or release point. Low and away and offspeed are the tough ones to hit for TTB. Gotta go down to get it, and delay release a bit.

Jun 8, 2016
Gotta go down to get it, and delay release a bit.
Is that what you see Bonds doing on 750? Looks to me like he is using his front side a bit more to allow him to maintain a good stretched (albeit not "perfect") launch position but after launch everything is pretty much the same.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Stop swing comparison :)

Completely different cause/effect.. One gets into a leveraged fyb position before calling it off (stretch/contract) While the other forces by torquing the barrel and a bursting rear leg.

KgnnOWo.gif

2IgoO4U.gif

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
The barrel floating behind (before it changes direction) aids in creating deeper core stretch and allows the hitter to sit dynamically.

3wLHMQV.gif

Great post @TDS ! And I agree. Float is a great tool to utilize with TTB :cool: I would not consider it a must. Some hitters utilize float, some do not.

Oct 2, 2017
Stop swing comparison :)

Completely different cause/effect.. One gets into a leveraged fyb position before calling it off (stretch/contract) While the other forces by torquing the barrel and a bursting rear leg.

KgnnOWo.gif

2IgoO4U.gif
Doesn't the body leverage differently in Game swing?

Jun 8, 2016
Doesn't the body leverage differently in Game swing?
I would say yes but I would also say that for me TM's one-leggedness concept, or at least the way demos it, doesn't put enough focus on moving out balanced. You can be 60/40, 70/30, whatever at launch without having your head sitting over your back knee.

Oct 2, 2017
I would say yes but I would also say that for me TM's one-leggedness concept, or at least the way demos it, doesn't put enough focus on moving out balanced. You can be 60/40, 70/30, whatever at launch without having your head sitting over your back knee.

I can accept that, He always looks funny demoing his method. But I'll cut him some slack for his age and probably limited range of motion. I 100% agree that you have be balanced whether 60/40, 70/30 etc. Your head will automatically get over the rear knee no matter which method you use if everything is working in sequence

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee