Barrel-Forearm Alignment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
What other direction would you torque the barrel to?

Why would one expect the lead-arm to go one way but the barrel to be torqued elsewhere?

Nope. Hopefully no-one expects that...

I'll rephrase (slightly).

Is the barrel being 'torqued' to achieve barrel-forearm alignment earlier?

I was thinking about whether the alignment happens earlier in the swing when TTB (torqueing) vs "knob to ball". Not sure it happens earlier in space (w/ torque), but I believe it happens earlier in time. (Brachistochrone curve)

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Nope. Hopefully no-one expects that...

I'll rephrase (slightly).

Is the barrel being 'torqued' to achieve barrel-forearm alignment earlier?

I was thinking about whether the alignment happens earlier in the swing when TTB (torqueing) vs "knob to ball". Not sure it happens earlier in space (w/ torque), but I believe it happens earlier in time. (Brachistochrone curve)

Earlier than what?

Many that promote "knob to the ball" demonstrate having the hands physically bring the handle forward. On the other hand those that promote TTB tend to demonstrate working the barrel without an emphasis on bringing the handle forward. Very different mentality IMO.

Sometimes I'll have a hitter perform a pump-like drill .... from their stance they use the hands to align the barrel to the lead-arm twice, and then on a third move they marry this action with the hip/torso-engine. The notion is that the swing to impact is largely "hip/torso-engine" and "hands" ... versus a mentality of using the arms to bring the barrel to impact.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Earlier than what?

Many that promote "knob to the ball" demonstrate having the hands physically bring the handle forward. On the other hand those that promote TTB tend to demonstrate working the barrel without an emphasis on bringing the handle forward. Very different mentality IMO.

Sometimes I'll have a hitter perform a pump-like drill .... from their stance they use the hands to align the barrel to the lead-arm twice, and then on a third move they marry this action with the hip/torso-engine. The notion is that the swing to impact is largely "hip/torso-engine" and "hands" ... versus a mentality of using the arms to bring the barrel to impact.

I'm guessing 2br means earlier than contact.

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
This video is what made me ask the question BTW:

[video=youtube_share;Henv2cKA9Es]https://youtu.be/Henv2cKA9Es[/video]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478