Balance and timing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If we are talking approach (hitting plan) that I am referring to you are moving out fb and timing middle away.. This allows you to turn on the middle in off-speed with limited adjustments (sitting action). When using this approach I typically would let the inside fb's go unless 2 strikes.

I will say this was my approach early or behind in the count.

What would have been your approach if they had a good change up?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
A couple of swings. Approach was timing for a middle away fastball and adjusting to whatever comes.

1653660144778.gif

1653660189611.gif

Since adjustments can’t be made until foot down.. controlling when to put that foot down will help w adjustments on time. You can see the foot down ‘early’ w an inside pitch. See the weight transfer more before foot down w an outside pitch and less on an inside pitch. More weight will shift through launch on an inside pitch through rotation.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Buy a throwdown plate you cheap SOB..:ROFLMAO:

Been there done that. It’s just more crap to lug to the field. 😆

Kid is a pitcher. Had 2 through the years. Both were misplaced or stolen. Shes old now. She doesn’t care. But when she was little she wanted to see the colors on the plate when she practiced pitching. She actually puts the glove down for me. So I can’t expand the zone on her. LOL.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
A couple of swings. Approach was timing for a middle away fastball and adjusting to whatever comes.

View attachment 25721

View attachment 25722

Since adjustments can’t be made until foot down.. controlling when to put that foot down will help w adjustments on time. You can see the foot down ‘early’ w an inside pitch. See the weight transfer more before foot down w an outside pitch and less on an inside pitch. More weight will shift through launch on an inside pitch through rotation.
Great job W! Happen to have a normal speed clip?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

View attachment 25721

View attachment 25722

Nice swings WW. For how "different" our philosophies are, she checks many of the boxes that I look for. That's meant as a compliment, so I hope you take it that way...

On a separate note, is that one of those annoying domed home plate cages behind her? We have played some tournaments on fields with those. Let's just say I'm not a fan...

Aug 20, 2017
Are you advocating this as a teach for every swing? Or just something to work on for making adjustments?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Nice swings WW. For how "different" our philosophies are, she checks many of the boxes that I look for. That's meant as a compliment, so I hope you take it that way...

On a separate note, is that one of those annoying domed home plate cages behind her? We have played some tournaments on fields with those. Let's just say I'm not a fan...

Thanks FP. Which boxes are checked and unchecked for you?

Yeah. Those domes are fugly. No chance for the catcher to make a play. Have seen the ball ricochet hard off one of the beams. Not ideal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood