Bad mechanics video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
I don't have a problem with any of that depending on how he's interpreting that last about stride length.

Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
well the 1st two problems were fine, but the last part?? what is he suggesting? stepping through the front side? if he is so adamant about what he is talking about he should demonstrate it, or is he just talking about coming into a fielding position? talk and no substance if you ask me

Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
now if he would have just followed with how to finish that would have been better,I mean Bill Hillhouse will tell you how to finish, you finish with everything pointed toward the catcher, in his video he teaches laces pointed toward the catcher, all power towards your target, and in turn you will finish in a natural fielding position.

May 12, 2008
No doubt it wasn't a complete video. It was designed I think to be a teaser to build traffic. Given that, I can't criticize it for not being what it was not designed to be. In terms of content, I'm only a little concerned he's not talking about going back to stepping style when he criticizes the long stride but that's not my best guess what he's talking about.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
When he did his bit about the dangers of overstriding, and a pitcher in baseball would never overstride, he looked like Sandy Koufax. Of course, Koufax couldn't pitch...

sandy-koufax.jpg

May 12, 2008
I assume he's saying don't take more stride than your momentum will support. But then we all interpret things through the prism of our previous training and experience so...I could be completely wrong about what he means.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I kinda liked the video. We could argue some points, and yeah, I wondered about the stride thing, too.

I tell my pitchers not to lock their arms. I am really going to check it, now.

I don't want that guy mad at me.

Aug 21, 2008
I know Tom has a history in men's fastpitch so, he is using some experience with what he's trying to teach. That said, the video was kinda funny and very clever... talk about the things people do wrong but not how to correct them. That's a good sales pitch, pardon the pun. I think the problems he address are very accurate and I agree with Mark, I think he's referring to an overstride where the body is unbalanced.

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28