backstop drills

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 16, 2008
My dd is a good catcher until the ball gets passed her, then she is slow to the backstop. Can anyone recommend a drill or two to help her?

May 7, 2008
Hudson, NH
My dd is a good catcher until the ball gets passed her, then she is slow to the backstop. Can anyone recommend a drill or two to help her?

Frustratedmom,

Frist off, how old is your daughter?

Next give me a little more information on how your daughter makes this play. What I need to know is when she goes back to the ball does she stay standing all the way to the ball and then bends over to pick it up to make the throw back to home plate? Or does she make the play some other way?

Coach Weaver

Jun 16, 2008
She is 15. I guess I've never paid attention to how she makes the play... I guess she stays standing. She will be in a speed & agility camp soon since that is her weakness. (good bat, good arm) (not real slow, mostly not real agile)

May 28, 2008
sounds like my 13 year old............it drives me nuts when coaches don't practice this stuff and then when it happens get all over the catchers for not stopping the ball or getting to it fast enough. My 13 yr. old has only been catching for 1.5 yrs and still is learning. But the only practice she gets is catching 30 minutes of pitching and taking iinfield.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802