Back pain

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Ok. A stress fracture would not hurt then stop hurting. All fractures hurt all the time. You said it was good and bad.
SI subluxation. If it is than her Chiro should be able to deal with it. If not. Get a new one. Ha. Or send her over I’ll fix it.
I don’t know exactly where she is hurting based on the thread but lm ask.
Does it only hurt when moving. ? Hurt only when pitching. ? Hurts on and off not based on movement. ?

I would have Chiro or PT check 2 things and 2 areas.
Psoas on her right side. And para spinal muscles also on her right side. If they are tight it can create all kinds of pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes!
We had Xrays and MRIs to confirm it was not a Pars fracture. It only hurt during pitching or heavy running. It also was lessened with OTC pain killers so we assumed muscle or joint pain.
I was told by the ortho that SI joint disfunction doesn't show up on an MRI.
Doctor told us that the SI joint issue was caused by a pelvic tilt.. which resulted from weak core and glute muscles.
Gave us stretching program with PT and the exercises I linked up above.

Nov 8, 2018
Yes!
We had Xrays and MRIs to confirm it was not a Pars fracture. It only hurt during pitching or heavy running. It also was lessened with OTC pain killers so we assumed muscle or joint pain.
I was told by the ortho that SI joint disfunction doesn't show up on an MRI.
Doctor told us that the SI joint issue was caused by a pelvic tilt.. which resulted from weak core and glute muscles.
Gave us stretching program with PT and the exercises I linked up above.

Is the pain in the SI joint directly? Or is it around the SI joint.? What has your chiropractor said about the SI joint dysfunction.? If it’s sacroiliitis that can be seen on an x-ray and should be able to be seen on an MRI. However if not significant probably wouldn’t.

Apr 28, 2014
Is the pain in the SI joint directly? Or is it around the SI joint.? What has your chiropractor said about the SI joint dysfunction.? If it’s sacroiliitis that can be seen on an x-ray and should be able to be seen on an MRI. However if not significant probably wouldn’t.

DR said it was SI joint disfunction caused by pelvic tilt. Weak core muscles and weak glutes. Did a pencil test on her back

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
In January, an xray was taking of dd's back.... it did show a pelvic tilt and she was given exercises to do. My concern is she says that she thinks she has improved because "mom, its used to hurt even when I cough now it only hurts when I slouch"

Nov 8, 2018
In January, an xray was taking of dd's back.... it did show a pelvic tilt and she was given exercises to do. My concern is she says that she thinks she has improved because "mom, its used to hurt even when I cough now it only hurts when I slouch"

Interesting. I wish her the best.
I would still check psoas muscles.
Get her stronger and hope for the best.

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
Went to Sport Medicine Dr. yesterday. Stress fracture was ruled out. Was told she has inflammation in her SI Joint. Was given meds and 6 weeks of PT.

May 1, 2018
Yeah get it checked out. Thought my dd had Scapular winging, turned out to be scoliosis. Worth the time.

Jul 9, 2016
My DD has back pain now so I thank you all for posting possible problems and fixes.

Our MRI results not going to happen till Monday which gives me more time to read.

Little Video of the spine that I just watched and will have to replay again.

Came out of nowhere, just weeks before High School Freshman Tryouts......

Apr 28, 2014
If your DD has SI joint disfunction it could be lower cross syndrome.
Look at the video I posted in this thread.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee