Back pain

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
I am starting to get nervous. My dd had some back pain at the end of our last tournament in November. She always takes from Thanksgiving to January 1 off. She still has back pain. She has been doing core strengthen and Chiro care. One day she feels better the next day she has pain. It is probably time for a MRI. The pain is in her lower back :(

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
My DD had the same at the end of last summer. Definitely get an MRI and try to rule out Pars. We visited a sports medicine doctor. DD had pain quite a long time, even during PT. The kids are growing so fast that repetitive motions can create issues in a hurry. You may also want to talk to her pitching coach. DD follows Tincher/Fluid Dynamics yet still encountered pain. Do not pitch if she has pain.

Fortunately, time off, Chiro treatments, and PT cured her pain and she has made a full recovery.

Aug 24, 2018
DD went through it last spring. Don't go to your pediatrician. Go to the best sports medicine doctor you can find that specializes in backs. Hopefully it is just musculature because there are some awful problems these girls can experience.

Our turned out to be a strain and PT and working out fixed it. Sat out 6 weeks though

Apr 28, 2014
Google Lower Cross Syndrome
Many pitchers have this issue.
Very under diagnosed. Caused by muscle imbalance due to underdeveloped muscles along with tight opposing muscles.
DD had back issues for a long time and these were caused by this syndrome.
We had MRIs and many tests to rule out PARS. We finally found a great ortho who works with the professional sports teams in philly. He spent an hour with DD and diagnosed her with SI Joint disfunction which caused lower back pain when pitching. This joint pain was caused by her pelvis rotating (her leg lengths were different). The pelvic rotation was caused by lower cross syndrome. Her glutes were weak (quad dominate) and her core was weak. These issues created hip flexor issues and lower back pain.

The excercises in the video below corrected this issue for DD within 10 days.
I'm no doctor but we've been through this so I wanted to share.
Keep us posted and good luck!

Last edited:

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
Google Lower Cross Syndrome
Many pitchers have this issue.
Very under diagnosed. Caused by muscle imbalance due to underdeveloped muscles along with tight opposing muscles.
DD had back issues for a long time and these were caused by this syndrome.
We had MRIs and many tests to rule out PARS. We finally found a great ortho who works with the professional sports teams in philly. He spent an hour with DD and diagnosed her with SI Joint disfunction which caused lower back pain when pitching. This joint pain was caused by her pelvis rotating (her leg lengths were different). The pelvic rotation was caused by lower cross syndrome. Her glutes were weak (quad dominate) and her core was weak. These issues created hip flexor issues and lower back pain.

The excercises in the video below corrected this issue for DD within 10 days.
I'm no doctor but we've been through this so I wanted to share.
Keep us posted and good luck!

Thank you I will show her this. Her upper body is more developed on her right side and her left leg is more developed than her right.

Feb 18, 2014
Sounds like the same issue my DD is having that was mentioned by BT3100. She was in pain during a high school game but had to pitch due to the cluster truck that is our high school program. One of the other girls dad, who is a chiropractor did an eval on her in between innings and was quickly able to identify it as her SI joint. He popped it back in and she was fine immediately afterwards. She now has stretches she is to do every day and goes in occasionally for an adjustment.

Nov 8, 2018
Ok. A stress fracture would not hurt then stop hurting. All fractures hurt all the time. You said it was good and bad.
SI subluxation. If it is than her Chiro should be able to deal with it. If not. Get a new one. Ha. Or send her over I’ll fix it.
I don’t know exactly where she is hurting based on the thread but lm ask.
Does it only hurt when moving. ? Hurt only when pitching. ? Hurts on and off not based on movement. ?

I would have Chiro or PT check 2 things and 2 areas.
Psoas on her right side. And para spinal muscles also on her right side. If they are tight it can create all kinds of pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802