Back foot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2020
So dd who is 11, tb coach is telling her to use the squish the bug method and batting coach is telling her to go to her toes. Now she’s super confused any advice ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 12, 2016
So dd who is 11, tb coach is telling her to use the squish the bug method and batting coach is telling her to go to her toes. Now she’s super confused any advice ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anchor it, screw the heel into the ground and try to keep it there on the positive/stride forward. IMO what happens after is a no teach. Do not focus on what should happen to the back foot after toe touch, it will react appropriately. I'm not an instructor, just speaking from experience.

Oct 2, 2017
Anchor it, screw the heel into the ground and try to keep it there on the positive/stride forward. IMO what happens after is a no teach. Do not focus on what should happen to the back foot after toe touch, it will react appropriately. I'm not an instructor, just speaking from experience.
Try and keep the heel in the ground as long as possible is what I tell my DD. I agree it's pretty much a no teach, although I have told my DD she goes off the inside part of the foot. I can tell when she is using her lower half incorrect because she will squish the bug on her own and get stuck on the backside. Like Julray I'm not a instructor just going off of what I've done.

May 12, 2016
Try and keep the heel in the ground as long as possible is what I tell my DD. I agree it's pretty much a no teach, although I have told my DD she goes off the inside part of the foot. I can tell when she is using her lower half incorrect because she will squish the bug on her own and get stuck on the backside. Like Julray I'm not a instructor just going off of what I've done.
Tried to teach my DD how the back foot should move.. big big mistake. Still trying to get her out this habit 2 years and counting. She releases the back foot prematurely instead of harnessing it. Takes her lower half completely out of the picture. I use to do a drill with her where I setup a 4x4 right behind her back foot and which forced to skip it forward.. :( just pure ignorance on my part. This where you can get in trouble looking at videos of successful hitters and not understanding.

Oct 2, 2017
Tried to teach my DD how the back foot should move.. big big mistake. Still trying to get her out this habit 2 years and counting. She releases the back foot prematurely instead of harnessing it. Takes her lower half completely out of the picture. I use to do a drill with her where I setup a 4x4 right behind her back foot and which forced to skip it forward.. :( just pure ignorance on my part. This where you can get in trouble looking at videos of successful hitters and not understanding.
I 100% agree, I rarely ever say anything to DD anymore. Really no need to. I when I first started here used a brick behind the foot to keep her from turning it. 🤦‍♂️ Hey you learn though LOL

Sep 29, 2014
Biggest thing to remember is that the swing starts from the ground up it begins the forward component of the swing you should be pushing off hard starting with your back heel and rest of your instep through to the ball of your foot.

Now I will let you tell me what happens when you push off really hard against something, hint the ground isn't going to move so guess what must move.

All that to say NO SQUISHY BUGS....look close at all elite hitters almost everyone one of their back feet will not be bearing any weight most will actually be off the ground at contact or if they are on the ground its non weight bearing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802