Average exit velocity by age

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I met her (Bustos) and got to watch her sit several years ago. She was hitting off front toss. She not only cleared the fence, but the roadway beyond and into the yards across the street. That measures about 320'. That's where the balls were ending up so they might have bounced off the road, but still impressive.

View attachment 27163
Those residents have some souvenirs
🥎🥎🥎🥎🥎🥎🥎🥎🥎🥎🥎🥎🥎🥎🥎

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Just saw a post on Twitter with a video of a 91mph exit velo off of a tee. Measured by blast motion. Player appears to be a 2027–less
than ideal swing—avg size kid.

Could that be correct?
I love blast motion and we use it at ever single hitting and instructor practice. I do scrub just to the front toss and not all the other stuff we work through...It will post some of oddest shirt numbers at times.

Dec 11, 2010
Couple Crystl Bustos legends- she hit more than one home run on balls that bounced off the ground.

She had a company (Demarini maybe?) that built her heavier fp bats. Maybe -3?

It hasn’t come up in awhile but slowpitch bats with the right stamp are legal in fp…..

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Put me in the camp that believes that for a select few 90 mph exit speeds are attainable for a female.

The link below is to On Deck Measurables. On Deck keeps metrics for high school level age players. Exit velo, running metrics, overhand throwing velo, etc. 80+ mph exit velocity for a high school aged player is very good!

Pretty good link below if you are curious about metrics. You can search metrics by graduation year.

Dec 6, 2019
Put me in the camp that believes that for a select few 90 mph exit speeds are attainable for a female.

The link below is to On Deck Measurables. On Deck keeps metrics for high school level age players. Exit velo, running metrics, overhand throwing velo, etc. 80+ mph exit velocity for a high school aged player is very good!

Pretty good link below if you are curious about metrics. You can search metrics by graduation year.

The link says "bat speed" not "exit velo". Thinking those are not the same. It is interest to compare how many sub-2.9s 20yd dashes to how many girls post they are 2.6-2.7.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal

Some of those numbers dont make sense to me.
Bat speed 71.8 Exit speed 67
63.4 70
84 73
65.8 73
How can an 84 mph bat speed end up with the same exit speed as a 65.8 mph bat speed?

Jun 8, 2016
Some of those numbers dont make sense to me.
Bat speed 71.8 Exit speed 67
63.4 70
84 73
65.8 73
How can an 84 mph bat speed end up with the same exit speed as a 65.8 mph bat speed?
I am sure there is some error in the measurement plus some of the kids may not be barreling up the ball.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478