Average exit velocity by age

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 5, 2019
You can be a smartass all you want. Shes also bigger than most kids her age, she 5'4 and about 140 lbs. Found an old picture from last September. Here she was rotating with her teammate. She was from 49-57. We've been using hitting vault which has helped her power.
🤦‍♂️

Nov 18, 2013
You never know about kid sizes anymore and I have no idea what % my DD would fall in. She's 11 and is 5'10"/ 145lbs. We used to travel with her birth certificate when she played 10U LOL.

That’s roughly the same height DD was at that age. It’s well off the percentile height of
growth charts. I think it would be extremely high, or even off the charts for boys too. If I remember correctly son was around 5’10” as well at that age and he was always off the charts too.

FWIW she ended up at 6’3” and he’s 7’0”.

Jan 29, 2019
Clemmons, NC
That’s roughly the same height DD was at that age. It’s well off the percentile height of
growth charts. I think it would be extremely high, or even off the charts for boys too. If I remember correctly son was around 5’10” as well at that age and he was always off the charts too.

FWIW she ended up at 6’3” and he’s 7’0”.
Tall kids for sure!! I don't think DD will hit 6'3" but it's certainly possible. Mom is 5'9" and I'm 6'4" but have family members taller. Docs think she'll get around 6'0". I just want her foot to stop growing - I'm tired of buying cleats every 6 - 8 weeks!!!

Feb 11, 2020
I recently got my hands on a pocket radar (ball coach) and I’m just looking for suggestions/ tips on the best way to track exit velo. Should this be done off a tee, front toss, live pitching? Should the radar be setup behind the plate or well in front of batter? Thanks in advance!

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I recently got my hands on a pocket radar (ball coach) and I’m just looking for suggestions/ tips on the best way to track exit velo. Should this be done off a tee, front toss, live pitching? Should the radar be setup behind the plate or well in front of batter? Thanks in advance!

Every camp my daughter attended had the radar mounted behind the tee by approximately 5 or 6 feet to measure the ball as it is moving away. So when we are trying to get a measurement, we use the same format. That said, I have seen people take the measurement from in front as well. In fact, that is the format I use to measure her pitching speed.

Apr 16, 2013
Every camp my daughter attended had the radar mounted behind the tee by approximately 5 or 6 feet to measure the ball as it is moving away. So when we are trying to get a measurement, we use the same format. That said, I have seen people take the measurement from in front as well. In fact, that is the format I use to measure her pitching speed.

The largest issue I have with all of that is, same as in the many pitching threads, the less the ball is in line with the radar gun, the less accurate the reading. That's why I simply never pull out the radar for ball exit speed. We go to a field and see how far she hits it. If she can hit 280', that means she's in the 80mph range. For me, that's good enough.

Jul 16, 2020
Saw a guy selling his hitting program on a fastpitch Fb page I joined yesterday. He has an 11 yo girl in the clip, average looking size, bat speed looks a bit slow and she has a claimed exit velocity of 71! I guess I better get signed up before I miss out :rolleyes:
That’s my daughter’s hitting coach. She is 11 and hit an exit velocity of 75 tonight. She is 5’8” and about 160#. (She is not the girl in his video)

Apr 28, 2014
Girls mature at such wide ranges of ages.
We've seen girls at 11 that are fully grown while others at 16 are still growing.
Really important to understand that early bloomers can and do get caught by late bloomers in just about all areas.
When DD was in 4th grade she was 5' 7" tall. Today shes a rising senior who is 5' 7" tall lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478