Average exit velocity by age

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2017
Saw a guy selling his hitting program on a fastpitch Fb page I joined yesterday. He has an 11 yo girl in the clip, average looking size, bat speed looks a bit slow and she has a claimed exit velocity of 71! I guess I better get signed up before I miss out :rolleyes:

Dec 11, 2010
This is where I like to remind people that last years SEC player of the year, who I believe was also rookie of the year pro has exit speed in low/mid 80’s.

And she is a really special hitter.

I also know a player that games the big “measurables” combine camp with a -11 bat. (And of course she plays for “one of those” teams.). She always has a top score in bat speed but that doesn’t change the fact that in games she hits push ground balls for easy outs and a has couple hr’s a year at 16’s.

Feb 15, 2017
Saw a guy selling his hitting program on a fastpitch Fb page I joined yesterday. He has an 11 yo girl in the clip, average looking size, bat speed looks a bit slow and she has a claimed exit velocity of 71! I guess I better get signed up before I miss out :rolleyes:

Know who you are talking about. If you have looked at his videos you know the secret sauce - gets his arms all pumped up puts on his sleeveless sweatshirt and gives lessons barefoot and with a back brace or fanny pack on. Not even joking - look it up. Blasting ridiculous video game type numbers all over social media trying to sell his product. Has. 15year old that can hit the ball 315 feet according to his hittrax. Glad Im not the only one seeing through this charade....

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Do not understand these low numbers. Based on the claims of hot bats and how players have no time to react found in the old facemask threads I was expecting speeds well into the low 100's from 10U and somewhere near the speed of sound for 18U. Now that facemasks are the norm the velocites all of a sudden have dropped? What gives? :)

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Bat speed depends on what device is used. The information posted earlier looks like it is from ODM which if I’m not mistaken uses/used Zepp for bat speed data. Zepp measures bat speed from the end of the bat (cap) compared to Diamond Kinetics which measures bat speed from 6” down from the cap. So more in line with the “sweet spot” of the barrel. The added 6” will make a fairly significant difference difference between the two devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I feel a little better. My DD is a smaller 12 y/o (80 lbs. soaking wet). She around 48-49 mph on a Blast sensor. If the 6 inch difference is 8 mph that would put her at 56 mph. I'll take it.

With 99 PAs her stat line: .347 BA .495 OBP .467 SLUG .962 OPS

And I think the scorer rob her a little by scoring a couple sac bunts as GOs.

Does anybody know where I can purchase edible gummy steroids? LOL

Jun 13, 2019

We must be in the same group cause all I have been seeing lately is this dude making sure his arms in the video

Dec 5, 2017
Know who you are talking about. If you have looked at his videos you know the secret sauce - gets his arms all pumped up puts on his sleeveless sweatshirt and gives lessons barefoot and with a back brace or fanny pack on. Not even joking - look it up. Blasting ridiculous video game type numbers all over social media trying to sell his product. Has. 15year old that can hit the ball 315 feet according to his hittrax. Glad Im not the only one seeing through this charade....
That's him. He ought to be pushing his workout plan, it might be more believable.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
I honestly feel exit speeds are a little over rated. I know there are girls my DD plays with and other at the camps she has attended that are obviously 10mph faster. DD
Her launch angle isn't the best. We've been working on it more lately. She was hitting a lot of line drives up the middle. I'll try to upload a video of her on here

If she is hitting line drives up the middle don't mess with anything at all. One of the top 2021 recruits who is committed to Bama did not hit her first OTF HR until she was 15 or so. She was always one of the tallest and strongest kids we faced from 8U until now and smoked line drives all of the field. with probably the highest exit speed around. Eventually those line drives up the middle become line drives over the fence or a miss hit that is a flyball that goes over.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
10u I know about 5’0” about 100# put 2 over 200’ fence in tournament play last season. It was an 11” ball. It defys logic nothing about her stands out she is same size as everyone on her team she has a decent swing but nothing overpowering it blows my mind she had to have everything perfectly lined up. So my point is focusing on bat speed can only get you so far make sure you focus on solid contact or its just a really loud out.
This is my exact line of thinking. To me exit velocity is over rated. DD is 5'3" and 125lbs and regularly hits the ball out now. SHe hit 6 off front toss at a camp Sunday over a 215' fence and 5 of the 6 were line drives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45