Average exit velocity by age

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2019
10 yo with a 60 mph exit velo? Have you told OU and Florida?

You can be a smartass all you want. Shes also bigger than most kids her age, she 5'4 and about 140 lbs. Found an old picture from last September. Here she was rotating with her teammate. She was from 49-57. We've been using hitting vault which has helped her power.

Attachments

• Resized_20191007_194557.jpeg
    Resized_20191007_194557.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019
You can be a smartass all you want. Next time we go to her hitting coach Ill snap a picture of the tv screen. Shes also bigger than most kids her age, she 5'4 and about 140 lbs
For reference, I believe 64 with ideal launch angle will put one over a 200' fence. A pitched ball would add about 9mph over the tee. If she has warning track power, the numbers are probably pretty close. If not, take the numbers with a grain of salt.

Aug 2, 2019
I need to use this with my DD during BP.

Me: DD sounds like you hit that one off the end.
DD: No way Dad, hit it square off the barrel
Me: Then why was the exit velocity 2MPH?
DD: Device is lying to because it doesn't like me
Me: :unsure:
That is every conversation I have with DD from folding socks, hitting, homework, etc. Yesterday she was sized for uniforms.

DD- *stands in front of me in perfectly sized uniform*
Me- Awesome. Now try on the sleeveless one.
DD- I can't.
Me-You serious, Clark? Try on the other jersey.
DD- It's the buttons, they're stuck, and I can't get my arms out. *pulls both arms in to sleeves of jersey up to elbows and flaps hands around like a chicken trying to fly*
Me- :confused:
DD- :confused:

Jun 13, 2019
For reference, I believe 64 with ideal launch angle will put one over a 200' fence. A pitched ball would add about 9mph over the tee. If she has warning track power, the numbers are probably pretty close. If not, take the numbers with a grain of salt.

Her launch angle isn't the best. We've been working on it more lately. She was hitting a lot of line drives up the middle. I'll try to upload a video of her on here

Jun 8, 2016
Kid on my DD's team (turned 11 in November) is about that size (maybe a tad heavier) and hit a few one hoppers to the fence last year (one hit the bottom of the fence I think)

Apr 20, 2015
Yep I can see a kid that big with that exit velo. My 13yo is 5ft 4 118lbs with an exit of 69 at her last camp.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee