Average exit velocity by age

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
If age is relevant then average exit velocity per size of player could be analyzation factor. Growth size and strength.
Having exit velocity hitting off a tee is only a measure of what the batter can do but does not always equate what the batter does in a game.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Put me in the camp that believes that for a select few 90 mph exit speeds are attainable for a female.

The link below is to On Deck Measurables. On Deck keeps metrics for high school level age players. Exit velo, running metrics, overhand throwing velo, etc. 80+ mph exit velocity for a high school aged player is very good!

Pretty good link below if you are curious about metrics. You can search metrics by graduation year.

After reviewing more of ODM numbers and comparing bat speed with exit speed most seem to be somewhat believable. But I think there was some operator error in some cases. The bat speed numbers taken with a Blast Motion device probably was set up (bat weight and length) incorrectly sometimes resulting in wrong bat speed numbers with some of the players tested. Exit speeds should be only slightly lower of higher than bat speeds.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
After reviewing more of ODM numbers and comparing bat speed with exit speed most seem to be somewhat believable. But I think there was some operator error in some cases. The bat speed numbers taken with a Blast Motion device probably was set up (bat weight and length) incorrectly sometimes resulting in wrong bat speed numbers with some of the players tested. Exit speeds should be only slightly lower of higher than bat speeds.

Yeah, those numbers can throw everything off.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I don't know how they determine bat speed. Personally, I think bat speed is a pretty useless metric. All one needs to know is a players Exit Velocity.

Bat speed numbers can be fudged or altered by swinging a lighter bat than a player really uses. In all honesty, a bunch of those metrics are pretty useless if you ask me. Bat speed, hand speed and time to contact are all pretty useless metrics if you ask me.

I am not sure what I think about grip strength, I don't see much direct correlation with grip strength to other attributes regarding softball. It is not like if you have a high grip strength that a player can throw the ball harder, or hit the ball further.

Then you got a metric like Broad Jump. Broad Jump is certainly a measure of a players explosiveness and a players athleticism. Broad Jump would seem pretty important to me but most players don't even have Broad Jump metric data.

Oct 4, 2018
Just to be clear, dd is sub 3 seconds. No need to split hairs. Not 2.5. No way no how. THERE IS, however, a piece of paper in a file cabinet somewhere that says she is. And it doesn’t matter. Not even if it was put into a spreadsheet and published online.

Hey, don't sell her short. I'm sure there's a 1.5 reading out there if you try hard enough. :p

<-- Just a comment on how bad some "trackers" are and how bad some operators are. I still have the printout of the 119 mph fastball my DD threw once.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28