Auburn U. softball training program

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
On Youtube, there are several of these videos, for each day of the week, plus something they call gladiator. I was wore out, just watching this.

Dec 28, 2008
They really stepped things up this year. I loved the WINTALITY in all of their posts on FACEBOOK. They MENTALLY and PHYSICALLY set the bar high this year and did a lot of things like this to show prospective players what it takes, and to challenge their players. Nothing like "Oh by the way we are going to broadcast this workout to the entire world" to make girls step up.

Oct 22, 2010
War Eagle!

Love Coach Deese and her staff. DD has been to their skills camp the past two summers and is looking forward to going again next year. The players are also great about being friendly with the younger kids. We went to their road game vs. USA Jaguars and the staff players were good about visiting with DD after the game.

May 5, 2008
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE these videos of Auburn's training. It's sooooo awesome!

Younger players need to see this kind of thing because so many think they are already so awesome and "work hard" - they have NO idea. Some claim to want to be at that DI level and yet they barely push themselves. Are you even close to doing what these girls are doing?

Reality check. if you want to be where they're at, you better start taking the steps to get there! It's not going to just fall in your lap.

Nov 8, 2010
great drills!

I agree these are great drills and very fun to watch. I'm going to incorporate some of these (or a version of them) into our winter practices as well. I really like the upbeat tempo and the competition factor involved.

VERY interested in what other coaches think would be the most important of these to use with a 12u team.....especially you Stacie M since you already posted on this thread!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802