Attn: Mr. X.............

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2008
Well, I've pretty much had enough of your garbage dude..........

You know all the FP science, but you don't care about the history of the game or how to make a peel drop better. Then turn around and kiss your own.......but don't fall in love with your self. I'll have to read some of your posts

I don't care what other posts of mine you read.........As long as you read THIS ONE........

BM I read some of your I/R post that stuck up top on the pitching, Then I see where some one wanted to see a three finger grip. Worst example of a peel drop that I have ever seen. Read my post and learn something about your wrong way of gripping the ball. Your thumb restricts spin big time with that grip for a peel drop. You make some thing so simple as a grip, so wrong, and don't have a clue why you are wrong. This is why this 64 yo X pitcher is here, to save people from wrong teachers like you. The grip you show is why a peel drop doesn't move and is called a fastball. How can a ball get out of that grip with god spin? It can't. I am referring to your picture on post 57 and 59 of the first Sticky post titled I/R in the class room or something close. Please explain what that grip is for.

The grip I show is for what was asked in the previous post. "What grip should be used for a very young pitcher when doing these drills". I'm assuming an 8-10yo FIRST learning to throw the ball underhand correct.......If you think an 8-10yo girl is gonna hold the ball between her thumb and pinkie on each side of the ball your dreaming......Or still having flashbacks from the drugs you did in the 60's.........

When you first arrived on this board, you had the impression that ALL the people here were "hacks and rookies", or first time daddys........And you were gonna really straighten us all out........You couldn't be MORE wrong........

Your claim to fame is the fact that you lived down the street from a very good pitcher from the 60's. And that somehow makes you an "authority" on fastpitch?..........Oh and you "may have" pitched for a navy sub base team for a few years back in the late 60's.......Where I believe you got a case of "the bends".........

Big friggin deal........I'm not impressed.........PC seems enamored with you.......Good for him........Like I said, you two deserve each other.........

Speaking for MOST (but not all) of us here........Including my buddy Hal, who I like to poke in the side once in a while just to get him going..........

There are a lot of us here who have pitched for a number of years.......WAY BACK in the 60's and 70's, all the way into the mid 90's and beyond........Some of us, UNlike you, have given back by teaching kids.......100's of kids........1000's of kids........And MANY of those kids have pitched at the highest level's of the game.......Others enjoyed fastpitch through their HS years and moved on to other things........

Look........I've got GOOD MALE FRIENDS who are in the ASA Hall of Fame.........In fact, I've coached their kids all the way through HS and travel ball! I've coach with and against Chuck D'arcy.........I consider Rich Balswick a good friend........Whom I've known for almost 30 years........And who taught me the peel and Rise back in 1978.......I'm very good friends with Ray Allena.......Inducted into the hall of fame in 96........

I've got tons of D1 scholarship pitchers......Including my own kid who still holds records at her D1 West Coast School and in the NCAA record books...........And I've coached a WCWS championship pitcher who also won an NPF title from one of YOUR favorite teams, according to your facebook page........In fact, she is one of five pitchers to win 100 games, strikeout 1,000 batters, with a -1.00 ERA and average double digit strikeouts.....I don't claim the success of any of the young ladies I taught, because it was their hard work and sweat that put them where the were/are.......Nor was I the sole contributor to their overall success.........

And who are you???........Some old hippie dude who lived down the street from a 1960's era pitcher???........Awesome.........

Regarding the science of pitching. Athletic training has evolved light years since your hey-day........In EVERY sport........The fact that you are some ol' hippie dude stuck in the 60's doesn't stop progression/evaluation/advanced training with modern methods that have progressed light years passed you......

I'm sure if you had your way, we'd still be launching rockets into orbit, vs. say, the space shuttle..........And prop planes would still be the preference for the military air force..........

Thank god the people who are STILL looking for cures to all the horrible things like cancer and the like aren't "doin it they way they did it in the 60's"........

I don't like "your" peel grip........To hard to control trajectory.......ESPECIALLY for little girls.......And the person who taught me the peel grip was the person who BEAT YOU!.......

I'll say this about peel.........IF your thumb is STILL ON THE BALL at release you ain't gonna throw any kind of decent peel........So maybe because you were retarded, you couldn't get your thumb off the ball before your finger tips were ripping on the seams.........It might be something you struggled with.........But it isn't something anyone I've taught has struggled with.......The thumb is OFF FIRST........Long before the fingers are tearing up the seams........

When I (or any of my students for that matter) are throwing peel drop, I don't wan't ANY PRESSURE from either SIDE of the ball influencing the axis of rotation..........Especially the thumb on one side having a war with the curled up little pinkie finger on the other........Who do you think's gonna win that battle of pressures???

Now get off my case about what a god you are regarding the pitching motion.........Because I think you are a washed up old geezer who just can't get out of the tie-dye era.........

The DISCO ERA rocks!!!

Last edited:

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.
No comments from your 12 groupies? My comments to your posted grip and the rest of your nonsense has been removed, over 200 people have read you new thread and not one comment,but 12 of your buddies say thanks for your useful post.
BM you can fool some of the people some of the time, but your BS doesn't fool me anytime. Any little girl can throw with the grip I was shown by Don Proctor, back in 1967. It is the best way to spin the peel drop with out the thumb restricting the spin, from being part of the grip holding the ball. It is part of the first pitch that should be taught, to the youngest beginners. Why don't you help me get my grip on here for others to see and judge? You saw it and say it is bad and little girls couldn't use it. This grip turns a fast ball with your grip into a peel drop that falls off the table even for the youngest girls. My DD was 9 when she started using this grip. She pitched in a 9-12 yo little league. When she was 10 she pitched in a 10u post season tournament and pitched the 1st and 3er game. She had 30 Ks out of 36 outs, 15 in each game, with just the peel drop that I showed her to use. She had instant control with it. This is the correct way of throwing under hand. This old hippie pitched with Harvey Sterkle in 73. I was 23 and he was 39. Also on that team was 39 yo Dick Brubaker and 28 yo Pete Carlson. The year before,72 I pitched against Aurora Home Savings and with Harvey pitching, and I got the win. Along my travels I got also wins against Joe Lynch with Clearwater and Ty Stoflet with Reading PA. All three are considered amongst the all time greatest. My Sunnyvale team did get beat/shout out by Balswick in the regional tournament, and they did get three unearned runs off me, and It was Ray Alena who turned my team into a circus show in the middle innings of that game. Santa Rosa did go on that year,1974,to win the ASA nationals beating my home town team,Aurora who I left the year before, in the finals. Aurora took second 4 years in a row. Ray Alena was one of the best, if not the best hitter, I ever faced. And I faced the best including Carl Walker, Ron Weathersby, Ray Phillips, Glen Beamon and Bob Barron Sr.
to name a few ASA HOFers. Ray hit a ball that was almost in the catchers mit to my third baseman who was as suprised as I was he hit the ball. I know pitching and I know pitching coaches who know little, but think they know it all. BM thanks for the great post. I know some body can post my grips with captions from my FB page. You have my permission to do it if you know how. Or just visit my FB pafe and view them there, like BM did. Thanks Doug Noble 64 yo old 1968 hippie/X FP pitcher I'll be back and if I'm not oh well. It will be the loss of this site. JMHO
I feel I give back to the game by leading FP people to the 2 best pitching coaches in the country and I don't associate myself with them other than I think their ways are the right ways, compared to most other PCs who don't have a clue.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Just an observation here...
BM has been a part of this forum for years and has helped hundred or thousands of people...
X has been here for a few weeks and has helped no one, ruffled feathers, tried to discredit everyone from highly successful players and coaches, including Hillhouse who happens to be extremely popular here, and seemingly is only interested in self promotion.
I'm going to say it once again to you, X... this site is NOT about coaches, parents, or past players! Its primarily made up of coaches and parents of fastpitch GIRLS that are either trying to help their DD's or offer advice to others through past experiences with their own DD's.
With no disrespect to your past experiences, its irrelevant to us. So please just stop posting here, because your not helping anyone. Your simply trying to be a jerk. Good luck elsewhere.

Jun 18, 2010
X, since Bill's thread, I have ignored your posts. I have not read one of your posts since 04/13. I read this thread since it was started by BM and I thanked him because I agree with what he wrote. I also agree with what coach james wrote. Most everyone on this forum is already aware of Hillhouse and Gillis, and I am sure neither appreciates an individual like yourself trying to represent them or their pitching philosophy. I'll post in this thread to show my support for BM. No need for you to respond as I have now found the block option which I should have done a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Just an observation here...
BM has been a part of this forum for years and has helped hundred or thousands of people...
X has been here for a few weeks and has helped no one, ruffled feathers, tried to discredit everyone from highly successful players and coaches, including Hillhouse who happens to be extremely popular here, and seemingly is only interested in self promotion.
I'm going to say it once again to you, X... this site is NOT about coaches, parents, or past players! Its primarily made up of coaches and parents of fastpitch GIRLS that are either trying to help their DD's or offer advice to others through past experiences with their own DD's.
With no disrespect to your past experiences, its irrelevant to us. So please just stop posting here, because your not helping anyone. Your simply trying to be a jerk. Good luck elsewhere.

Recycle... there is one. Right....I do comply with the bold, and hope this is really what it's for. Should be the Mission Statement. I think my Bolding of your statement is an explanation of why several just can't understand me. I'm in the top 3 of most Thanks given, and most pics/video's of our journey...I think. I have seen lots of poster on here that could be taken as rude... and some apologies. I would thank you, but have never piled on so far.... I'm just wanting to learn to type.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee