AthletesGoLive thread for users to help each other and commiserate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 21, 2012
We had a big sound lag on our games and during our test Monday, even though I was right next to it watching on my iPhone. It provides a wide view, but it also depends on the fencing. Some views are better than others. I think if they could just figure out how to allow the AGL app to zoom in, then it would be perfect. It's very solid and we watch them take some big hits from balls. I believe it's supposed to be waterproof as well.

Aug 29, 2015
Midwest
Also from our experience when some games dont populate into archieved. For some reason the embedded scoring seems to stop the process if not completed. We had one game that didn't populate, it hadn't been scored through their app, so went in and opened stats and ended game and it populated it. On another game the person who was doing stats had their phone die. It didn't populate. Once we realized that stats were not finished, had them go back into their phone and end the game and it populated.
And the inability to change the FOV in the app is frustrating. We are using an Iphone11 pro with a linkspyder.
I know your talking about how to get the sound right, but can it just be disabled? I'm afraid of what it might pic up from the stands...

Jul 21, 2012
Also from our experience when some games dont populate into archieved. For some reason the embedded scoring seems to stop the process if not completed. We had one game that didn't populate, it hadn't been scored through their app, so went in and opened stats and ended game and it populated it. On another game the person who was doing stats had their phone die. It didn't populate. Once we realized that stats were not finished, had them go back into their phone and end the game and it populated.
And the inability to change the FOV in the app is frustrating. We are using an Iphone11 pro with a linkspyder.
I know your talking about how to get the sound right, but can it just be disabled? I'm afraid of what it might pic up from the stands...
We are having issues with not all our games being archived. My daughter's athlete profile first was showing 0 games played and now only 4/5 from last weekend are available. Since the 5th game is missing, she is unable to clip highlights out of that game.

Nov 5, 2014
We had one game not archive as well and I was hoping this would solve our issue but I cant seem to find a way to go back in to try and end game. My only option is to edit the box score. (I think this may be because we did end the game properly but I am not sure) If anyone knows of a way to go in and end the game that I am unaware of I am all ears.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
can someone offer instruction: foul ball

where/how to score a foul ball in this software?

[figured out foul ball scoring - didnt realize that the list of choices scrolls. lol]

New question: how to set lineup with bench players? I see no way to keep bench players from coming up to bat in the lineup?

[Ok - figured it out also. What threw me off was there was all players in the lineup at game startup, and no “Line” demarkating active/bench players. Simply drag a player downward and the line will appear, and players beliw that line will be auto-designated as “Subs”. No way to set a player as “Sub” in the player assignment menu - you have to drag/drop]

Last edited:
May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
so here is the inherent problem with this software from a scoring perspective:

each and every action you score (balls, strikes, etc) the software communicates back to the web server.

it is apparent that agl servers cannot handle this traffic on a saturday afternoon with hundreds (or even thousands ?) of teams pinging the server with every single pitch.

more established scoring softwares (gamechanger, iscore, etc) do not rely upon this constant pinging, and therefore dont throw “try again” error messages when the servers ate bogged-down.

this is a deal breaker for me.

the video feed looks good though.

solve the scoring capabilities and you have a very viable and useful fan feature and recruiting tool.

Feb 7, 2016
I ran a test today at practice. Had another coach’s phone streaming practice and I logged in using a “fan” account. I tried to watch the practice but the “watch” button was not active.

Any guidance on what I was doing wrong?

Jun 4, 2014
Has anyone experienced the video feed not displaying, perhaps because of a traffic issue? One of our games today the streaming phone was on and going, but just couldn't get the video to be pull through. Didn't know if this could be a server issue, or if it was a local issue.

Jul 21, 2012
so here is the inherent problem with this software from a scoring perspective:

each and every action you score (balls, strikes, etc) the software communicates back to the web server.

it is apparent that agl servers cannot handle this traffic on a saturday afternoon with hundreds (or even thousands ?) of teams pinging the server with every single pitch.

more established scoring softwares (gamechanger, iscore, etc) do not rely upon this constant pinging, and therefore dont throw “try again” error messages when the servers ate bogged-down.

this is a deal breaker for me.

the video feed looks good though.

solve the scoring capabilities and you have a very viable and useful fan feature and recruiting tool.
Yes Yes this this all of this!!! We had major issues with the scoring app because of this. And it was causing problems with our video feed as well. With GC, you can keep scoring and if there is a connection issue it will just catch back up when the connection was better. I couldn't even get through two of our games scoring wise. I scored with both GC and AGL at the same time. It caused issues with our video too. The video feed kept lagging and then it would time out and kick us off. We would have to log back in to start it up. I think the park's video system wasn't helping, but my husband didn't think so. He think it's all to do with their bandwidth not being able to support so many users.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom