AthletesGoLive thread for users to help each other and commiserate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 6, 2019
Alright, it seems like there are enough people using AthletesGoLive that we ought to have a thread about it. Perhaps through our shared effort we can figure out the scoring app. Like many have said, there are significant issues with the scoring app itself. It's not just a matter of Gamechanger users learning the ins and outs of a new platform. Rather, it has fundamental problems. I have to assume their plan is to get bought out by Gamechanger, and let's hope that happens soon.

The streaming part of the product is actually rather easy, and pretty nice. It doesn't seem to need much bandwidth.

The subscription aspect for players does seem to be powerful as well, though we have not subscribed as of yet.

What advice, tips and tricks do people have with AthletesGoLive? I know someone mentioned using a bluetooth mic to do "commentary" for games. How do you do that? Would that just be like airpods?

In the webinar I did it said the coach/team admin can generate a report of college coaches who are watching games? Can you tell if someone is actively watching a game? Or can you just tell if they interact with a player's profile?

Hopefully this will get us started!

Jul 29, 2016
So one of my daughter's HS classmates plays on a super-high-level travel team where a couple of the dads put this whole thing together. They were early adopters of the software through alpha and beta testing. They've "drunk the Kool-Aid" so to speak. This was what he had to say about AGL and recruiting:
Not using AGL this year will be the equivalent of playing GSA [low level] tournaments instead of showcases. Your games will be watched by your fans only. I have no financial interest in AGL but I do think it will be tough to be seen without this this year. Almost every event and team is using it nationally and almost every college coach is registered with a free account.

The software sends an email to the team (and organization) if a college coach watches some or all of the game (live or archived). Similarly, the player gets an email if a coach looks at her profile.

Having said that, my daughter's team played in a showcase last weekend where everyone was supposed to use it, and our coaching staff quickly abandoned the scoring side of the app because it was clunky an non-intuitive, God forbid you have to figure out how to enter in some odd scoring situation on the fly while the next two batters are smacking around first pitches.

I'm not sure what our coaches are going to do.

Jul 21, 2012
Alright, it seems like there are enough people using AthletesGoLive that we ought to have a thread about it. Perhaps through our shared effort we can figure out the scoring app. Like many have said, there are significant issues with the scoring app itself. It's not just a matter of Gamechanger users learning the ins and outs of a new platform. Rather, it has fundamental problems. I have to assume their plan is to get bought out by Gamechanger, and let's hope that happens soon.

The streaming part of the product is actually rather easy, and pretty nice. It doesn't seem to need much bandwidth.

The subscription aspect for players does seem to be powerful as well, though we have not subscribed as of yet.

What advice, tips and tricks do people have with AthletesGoLive? I know someone mentioned using a bluetooth mic to do "commentary" for games. How do you do that? Would that just be like airpods?

In the webinar I did it said the coach/team admin can generate a report of college coaches who are watching games? Can you tell if someone is actively watching a game? Or can you just tell if they interact with a player's profile?

Hopefully this will get us started!
We are testing the Bluetooth mic out tonight. I will report back. Fingers crossed it works, because it was requested by several college coaches.
The reporting of coaches is buggy. I know we have had several coaches watch that weren't on the report. When it does work, it's great. We had a coach that watched one of our players specifically and she received an alert. If a coach just tunes into a game by selecting our team rather than a specific player, the whole team gets an email alert.
The best part of AGL so far is the ability to interact and monitor coach activity, but it doesn't work all the time as of yet.

Jul 29, 2016
The reporting of coaches is buggy. I know we have had several coaches watch that weren't on the report. When it does work, it's great. We had a coach that watched one of our players specifically and she received an alert. If a coach just tunes into a game by selecting our team rather than a specific player, the whole team gets an email alert.
The best part of AGL so far is the ability to interact and monitor coach activity, but it doesn't work all the time as of yet.

I think the emails are generated by the AGL ID. If the college coach uses the team's AGL ID to log into the game, I think the whole team gets the email. If the coach uses a player's ID to log in and watch, just the player gets the email. I do know that players get an email if a coach clicks on their profile.

Nov 5, 2014
I think the emails are generated by the AGL ID. If the college coach uses the team's AGL ID to log into the game, I think the whole team gets the email. If the coach uses a player's ID to log in and watch, just the player gets the email. I do know that players get an email if a coach clicks on their profile.
I have not been able to figure out a rhyme or reason to who the alert gets sent to. I am an admin on the team account so i can access the report for the entire team but the alerts this past weekend were all sent to my DD even though I am 100% certain some of the coaches were not tuning in to watch her. One coach specifically is recruiting 2 players on our team and text our coach that she was watching them. This coach doesnt know my DD at all yet the alerts were sent to her. We just let those players/parents know the coaches watched them.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
when you register as a player, which selection do you make at the initial prompt?

choices are:
I am a College Coach
I am an Organization
I am a Fan
I am a Team

why no "I am a Player"?

Nov 5, 2014
when you register as a player, which selection do you make at the initial prompt?

choices are:
I am a College Coach
I am an Organization
I am a Fan
I am a Team

why no "I am a Player"?

This is tricky. You have to register as a fan but with the parents email that your team coach/admin used when inputting the roster. This is necessary to connect your account with your DD.

Nov 5, 2014
Thanks for the reply, and I already hate it. ;-(
I love the idea and its potential but Covid clearly pushed this into the mainstream before it was ready. This is really an early beta version that is by necessity being used as a finished product.

I hope they continue to push updates to improve the app especially to the scoring functions and the whole account/role setup. In my limited interaction with the company I will say they seemed genuine in their desire to make the product as good as possible.

Apr 16, 2013
I don't even get how it's supposed to work. We were supposed to have our games streamed this past weekend. However, there were no cameras setup, that I saw. We were told to tell college coaches about it, but I didn't get any instruction on "how" to do that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28