AthletesGoLive thread for users to help each other and commiserate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2016
We use it for our games and just for live streaming so later we can go back and get footage. There will be hiccups sometimes one day it didn't get the whole game but all in all its a good streaming video footage app for college scouts and coaches to see the players hits

May 16, 2016
I thought YouTube had a 1,000 subscriber count requirement for livestreams?

I can confirm what Josh is saying, you can stream directly to Youtube with zero subscribers using a Mevo. I streamed two games last week. Set-up your you tube channel, then link it in the Mevo App, and stream away. Note, there is a 24hour wait time from when you create your YouTube channel, until you can actually start streaming to it. I also tested streaming to Twitch, and I was able to get a stream up and running within minutes.

Aug 17, 2019
Well, I have been using it to score for 2-3 friendlies and tournament/showcases, I'm getting use to the scoring app. I think coming from Gamechanger, you have to go through the video tutorials because it is quite different from GC. I successfully scored 3 games today without a lot of cussing. The first two times previously it was awful, especially if you have to make substitutions.

We're an 18G team and the tournaments we've been playing are in showcase format this fall because COVID. In the showcase format, our coaches make tons of substitutions whether defense or offense. A main bug that I encountered today is that sometimes when you make a batting substitution, AGL will crank away and change the scheduled batter to a new batter BUT the freaking app would come back with some incorrect batting count for the new batter. For example, before any pitches to batter A, I would substitute batter A with batter B and AGL would change to batter B but it would have a 3 balls 1 strike count on batter B. If you do an undo, it would go back to the batter before batter A. It's not always a 3-1 count either, it would be random. Sometimes it would be okay, ie. 0-0 count. I plan to email their support to report this bug.

So, for these cases, I would just not score for batter B until the ball is put in play. We have another person doing GC and the coaches use the stats from GC. Why waste all this time on the AGL scoring app? It's nice to show who the batter is for the coaches watching the video. The concept is good, but the execution so far has been dismal.

Jun 30, 2020
I successfully scored 3 games today without a lot of cussing. The first two times previously it was awful, especially if you have to make substitutions.

Absolutely this. The roster management and substitutions in AGL are like pulling teeth. If an opposing team does not have a roster setup, I don’t even bother and just use placeholders. GameChanger is not perfect in this regard but much easier.

I’ve said before that AGL feels like a desktop application on a mobile phone and the Roster management is the perfect example of that drawback.

Mar 28, 2014
First time user this past weekend. My summary ............ Clunky and Non-intuitive. Had me shaking my head all weekend. Using it in showcase tournaments with tons of subs is mind blowingly arduous. And wait until you have a runner get hit with a batted ball. That's fun.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
First time user here this weekend. Scored 5 games. In my opinion the scoring is not bad at all. Nothing like the reviews say. Anyway, there is absolutely a different methodology for scoring that GC. I've done both but AGL is absolutely workable and fairly intuitive once you get their approach.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask. Since we were at friendlies, I scored the game without scorecards. AGL give you the option to start without a lineup. It's a busy first inning but doable.

I had one communication problem and quickly resolved it by logging off and back on in the app. Solved the hangup right away and was back at it after a brief minute or so of panic.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
First time user this past weekend. My summary ............ Clunky and Non-intuitive. Had me shaking my head all weekend. Using it in showcase tournaments with tons of subs is mind blowingly arduous. And wait until you have a runner get hit with a batted ball. That's fun.

I'm not sure if there is an interference play button on the scoring, but you can simply call the runner out with no explanation if you're in a rush and can't find something.

I had so many crazy situations this weekend for my games and figured out a lot about it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478