At what point does chanting go from annoying to un sportsmanlike?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 18, 2016
I have one DD playing 16U and one playing 12U. They stop the chants pretty much right after 12U. At 14's they talk to their hitters and their own pitcher. Not allot of "She stole on you" chants. At 12U and 10U Most of the time they're stealing every pitch so it's definitely not a one way street since it comes from both dugouts most of the time.

I've coached my oldest and my youngest and I've never had a player or a parent for that matter complain about the other girls cheering or chanting. My biggest complaint is I'll have it stuck in my head for the next 4 hours after the last game. If they overstep correct. Otherwise let them play.

Jul 14, 2018
DD’s team played the #1 ranked B team in the state last fall as first-year 14s. DD pitched and got crushed, final was 15-1. The whole game, from her first pitch to her last, the other team screamed at her during her delivery. Like that voice-cracking type of scream. On every pitch. With a double-digit lead. She’s get a called strike and they’d start bellowing ‘We love it when you throw it in the dirt!’

I felt so awful for her, I expected her to come off the field and quit. It’s one thing to get hammered, it’s another to have a dozen girls yelling at you for 90 minutes while you’re struggling.

I wanted to give her the dad-hug and make her feel better on the walk back to the car. I said how obnoxious the other team was and she just said, “Oh, I didn’t even hear them.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2013
DD’s team played the #1 ranked B team in the state last fall as first-year 14s. DD pitched and got crushed, final was 15-1. The whole game, from her first pitch to her last, the other team screamed at her during her delivery. Like that voice-cracking type of scream. On every pitch. With a double-digit lead. She’s get a called strike and they’d start bellowing ‘We love it when you throw it in the dirt!’

I felt so awful for her, I expected her to come off the field and quit. It’s one thing to get hammered, it’s another to have a dozen girls yelling at you for 90 minutes while you’re struggling.

I wanted to give her the dad-hug and make her feel better on the walk back to the car. I said how obnoxious the other team was and she just said, “Oh, I didn’t even hear them.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next time the #1 B team starts chanting remind them they’re really the 567th ranked A team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood