At what point do you cancel the season, start talking about refunds

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2018
MA has no in-person school until May 4th, in theory at least. MIAA has a conference call tomorrow to discuss spring sports. If school does return May 4th, they'll start sports, no playoffs/tournaments, though. No school, no sports.

Apr 28, 2014
Agree that now with distance learning set up online there will be no more in person school. Our district (3rd largest in PA) just announced that there will be no final exams.
What I see happening for summer is no trips.. all local stuff which is a shame if you have a great team that wants great competition.
Won't see any larger tournaments till D9 in the fall. Add to that the loss of income and we may not see the same type of travel scene in years.

Feb 20, 2020
Boston
And if whatever state you’re in does allow tourney ball to resume end of June early July I bet a lot of parents will pull their daughters from the team

May 20, 2016
And if whatever state you’re in does allow tourney ball to resume end of June early July I bet a lot of parents will pull their daughters from the team

Probably pointless to restart that late. Nationals are third week of July and in the NE so you'd get maybe a tourny or two in after 3 months of not playing.

Apr 1, 2017
I think in 2 weeks we'll have a much better idea of what the summer will look like (good or bad). The positive voices in my head are still hoping for something around Memorial Day (still 2 months away). For teams not doing nationals (which is many), seasons tend to end July 12th-ish this season. Even a mid-June restart wouldn't make a lot of sense at that point.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom