ASA/USA softball Rulebook link to full book?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
Anyone have the direct link to the full ASA rulebook? I only find the updates or "changes" to certain rules. Not the entire book. Thx

May 29, 2015
I get a hard copy at my clinic each year and then purchase it through the app. I think last year‘s app was $15 or so ... yes, it is the most expensive book out there. No, they don’t make it available for free.

Coaches should be provided with a hard copy when they register their team.

Are you looking for something in particular or do you just want a copy?

Mar 6, 2016
Mainly as a reference to make sure I know what to teach/coach according to the rules, but also as a reference just in case the umpire or other opposing coach don't know the rules and I can make sure we are all on same page as USA softball rules. ;) The other reason is that a buddy and mine are in disagreement on a couple things and want to prove each other wrong. :p

Example: He coaches his son in baseball and plays mens softball and I coach my daughters in sotball and played baseball and he says in his sports 1st basemen CAN'T use the orange "safety base". I told him in youth softball we can and he doesn't think that's true. he wants proof. 😁

Mar 6, 2016
I also coach youth NJB basketball and they provide coaches a small rule book every year that's up to date. Softball leagues should do the same. Eliminates all the confusion...ok...maybe most of the confusion on the quirky rules that are in sports.

Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA
Last year we were given the pocket-sized version of the USA Softball rule book. I can't remember where I got it for sure but I think they handed them out to coaches at one of the Minnesota Softball meetings (USA Softball of Minnesota).

May 29, 2015
ABSOLUTELY, coaches should be given a copy of the rule book. Your league or organization should make sure of that.

ABSOLUTELY, coaches should be required to read the rule book. Oh, you didn’t ask that. ;)

Safety base rules are going to vary by code, not by sport. Make sure you are looking it up in the book of the organization you are playing.

Here is the USA Softball rule (2019):
24CF6A13-619C-423E-86FE-DEAE284D47DD.jpeg

Mar 6, 2016
The Man in Blue: AGREE 100%. That's why thought it strange my local league did not...so I asked. They say they will try to order them from USA/ASA. Agree as well to being a requirement. I have an older one, but only found "updates" online. USA/ASA should give them out to all local leagues just as NJB does their rules.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom