ASA rule change?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

has anyone heard that if you are on say a USFA roster you can not be on an ASA roster this year? somebody told me they changed the rule this year and if you are on a travel team you can not be on a all star league team. if anyone has heard of such a thing please respond.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
Asa

Last year they changed it so LL player could play All Stars even if they played Travel (a player here on my 9/10 DD team did that last year.)

I didn't hear that they changed it back. As far as I know my 12 DD is eligible to play ALL Stars along with her Travel Team...of course that is if it doesn't get in the way of Travel Team Schedule.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
has anyone heard that if you are on say a USFA roster you can not be on an ASA roster this year? somebody told me they changed the rule this year and if you are on a travel team you can not be on a all star league team. if anyone has heard of such a thing please respond.

Sounds like someone is blowing smoke up your skirt. ASA couldn't care less about what a player does on their own time or where their team plays. Of course, they would prefer they play ASA, but any restrictions on any participants are strictly within ASA.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
If theres any problems, it would probably be the other way around. Little League is the one who was imposing playing restrictions, & I believe they relaxed that somewhat last year. Theres probably a LL buff on here that can quote the rules.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28