Arm circle problems

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I don't believe she's HE at all... She does however fake a high fist finish... everything else looks more in line with how we all believe to be correct. I see a few inefficiencies...
Has anyone addressed the slight crow hop/ 2nd push? I believe this is a result of trying to get open so quickly... IDK if her PC has coached this into her or not? I'd prefer to see a much more powerful drive outward. She appears to only get off the rubber about 4 feet...
During the season I wouldn't recommend making any major changes... wait til off season to fix
1. Drive mechanics is #1 issue
2. Stabilization/posture is #2
Once these two issues are corrected, the I/R and bent up swing will self correct

Aug 12, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I agree with Coach James. I see her trying to get open before driving out. I believe this coupled with the timing issues may be causing the bent elbow as well.

Feb 4, 2010
Exactly. That's were the problem is but how do we fix it with the drive. She always pitched internal rotation and after a shoulder injury she is pitching wrong. She took about 6 months off and she says something with her drive doesn't feel right.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Agreed that the 2 step drill is definitely needed. This will inherently fix the arm circle by getting her initial separation going forward. Right now her initial move is open and up.

Feb 4, 2010
OK. I think we fixed the drive mechanics and IR by going back to a delay in the swing back by watching the two step drills again. The problem is still the arm bend. She can stand in one spot and do a circle and her arm looks as loose as possible. When she throws into a net she almost muscles it and sometimes bends her arm at almost 90 degrees. She can't break the habit and says something doesn't feel right. We are really looking at ways to basically unlock that arm for more whip if that makes sense. College season is over and she has probably lost 8mph on her fastball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802