Arizona Blanked by Georgia 8-0; UCLA sneaks by Northwestern 4-3.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
sluggers;[b said:
Alabama keeps winning...but avoids real competition.[/b]

So, Tennessee and Florida are out playing UCLA, and Georgia plays Arizona. Alabama? Well, they took on Missouri and won.

My prediction: Alabama will fold like a lawn chair when the playoffs start.

Hey, hey, now. Mizzou is coming off back-to-back WCWS appearances. They made it to the last one without Chelsea Thomas. She should be back this year; I think Gina Schneider was the only starter they lost to graduation. In what world wouldn't they be real competition?

...Oops, just noticed your later post which explains that Arizona, UCLA, Washington and Michigan, and maybe Arizona State are the real competition that 'Bama should be playing.

Those are good schools. But I don't think scheduling Missouri is a gimme either.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2010
Again Candrea does not seem to care about the health of Fowler. Even if she demands to play, there has to be limits.

Even if the pitcher demands to play, it's the coaches job to say no.

Oct 19, 2009
Sluggers
So far, Georgia coach Lu Harris-Champler seems committed to spreading the pitching work around...

I think as time goes on you will see more teams putting together a quality staff of pitchers versus the one dominant pitcher. It makes more sense to me to do it that way, I noticed the teams I've seen GA play coach Champler goes to the bullpen pretty quick when a pitcher gets in trouble.

Mar 22, 2011
I agree with PEPPERS. More talented and great pitchers will gonna produce by the other schools. I think more practice will gonna have a perfect game play and plans but next time no hotels its too expensive Ill try an rv rental arizona

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802