Anyone successfully use pitching machine for fielding?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
We tried using pitching machines to work on fly balls. Whoa, what a disaster. So much spin on the ball it was like catching fly balls inside a tornado.

Feb 3, 2016
I used machines for outfield mostly. The backspin isn't realistic for infield except for hard liners right or left of players. Not for noob players either. Masks were mandatory for these drill as we're sending these at 55-60 mph at kids.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Oct 26, 2019
I used machines for outfield mostly. The backspin isn't realistic for infield except for hard liners right or left of players. Not for noob players either. Masks were mandatory for these drill as we're sending these at 55-60 mph at kids.

You can’t use the one bottom wheel machine for infield or you will get backspin. You need the 2 or 3 wheeled machine for top spin groundballs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802