Anyone still use pitch-outs?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
My DD is a Freshman in college and a catcher. I can’t remember a TB or HS game where she was involved in a pitch out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
It's been so long since I've seen one I was surprised to see one captured on video LOL like a Sasquatch

Oct 4, 2018
We have a call for a pitch that's really outside. Usually used with 2 strikes but sometimes if the count is right and we "know" the runner is going we call it.

Oct 13, 2021
I think pitch outs are great. If you have a batter who rakes 3+ pitches down 3B line I'm going to call a ball one or two balls off the plate to get her to chase especially if she is making too much contact on the change up. Even if it's not called often its not a bad idea to have it in the arsenal.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I think pitch outs are great. If you have a batter who rakes 3+ pitches down 3B line I'm going to call a ball one or two balls off the plate to get her to chase especially if she is making too much contact on the change up. Even if it's not called often its not a bad idea to have it in the arsenal.

RAD is asking about "Pitch Outs" anticipating a base runner stealing. Not pitching outside to get a batter to chase. Look at 1:14 in the video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802