Anyone still playing? Got shut down again here in So Cal

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 6, 2013
We fully knew the risk of allowing our DD to go back to softball. It was unfortunate that one girl on her team did end up testing positive and DD is now finishing up her 14 day wait. She feels fine and as far as I am aware no other girls have contracted the virus (yet) from this instance. I don’t think anyone should be blamed for allowing their kids some normalcy in their lives. That said if you have reason to believe you are sick and you took a test, stay home. It’s that simple really. Just stay home. Even if you don’t have the Rona - nobody wants whatever you do have.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Just found out about some local So Cal TB teams playing using fields on Native American land/reservations. Apparently the mandate from the Gov. does not apply to NA land? Still pissed that Jr. Life Guards can have 100+ kids all stacked and packed together on city/county beaches but teams of 12 girls can't play softball on city/county fields. :mad:
Jr. lifeguards, surf schools/camps and beach volleyball are in full swing. It is for the better good.

Mar 6, 2016
Oh Im not against the Life Guard camps ( although a little more spacing would be best)...I just dont like the inconsistency of some youth sports or activities are ok and some like softball or HS sports camps are not.

Feb 3, 2011
Update this evening from USA Preps:

The player who received a positive test result yesterday, prompting us to shut down the Archie Gubler Complex, was re-tested today and received notice of a negative result. The initial test was a FREE test conducted by her local county and took several days for the false positive. Today’s test was paid for at her local clinic and the results were expedited and confirmed to be negative.

We stand by our decision to shut down the complex for the health and safety of everyone involved. We hope this new test result provides everyone with a bit of comfort moving forward.​

May 29, 2015
Which enhances my point ... not knowing does not equal “nobody is infected, it is safe, pack ‘em in.”

Yes, I fully agree with you guys that having information (even bad information) and making a decision in the face of that is absolutely irresponsible.

My position that I was trying to explain is: not having any information and making that same decision does not change the outcome.

Choosing to go to a massive gathering drawing people from all across the country is not a safer decision because you don’t have any definitive information. The result will be he same either way. It’s just easier to point the finger at the parents in this case.

May 29, 2015
Oh Im not against the Life Guard camps ( although a little more spacing would be best)...I just dont like the inconsistency of some youth sports or activities are ok and some like softball or HS sports camps are not.

Absolutely Quigs. This has been one of the major issues across the board: inconsistency.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Which enhances my point ... not knowing does not equal “nobody is infected, it is safe, pack ‘em in.”

Yes, I fully agree with you guys that having information (even bad information) and making a decision in the face of that is absolutely irresponsible.

My position that I was trying to explain is: not having any information and making that same decision does not change the outcome.

Choosing to go to a massive gathering drawing people from all across the country is not a safer decision because you don’t have any definitive information. The result will be he same either way. It’s just easier to point the finger at the parents in this case.
This appears like a two fold topic.
1. Should events with guidelines be allowed?
Indoor or outdoor, School and such included.

2. Rules within guidelines not being followed. Including having a reason to test and not waiting for results... then attending against rules.

@ManinBlue
Kinda suprised the rule part wasnt yet part of your response :)
How many threads on dfp regarding illegal bats being used? Or about the umpire who didnt throw one out?
Cant use a Ghost bat in this tourny ;)

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019
We played 5 games this weekend had a blast watching the girls enjoy the game. And hopefully another 5 next weekend. Tournaments started first weekend of June.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802