Anyone still playing? Got shut down again here in So Cal

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
Got rained out today but still playing in Florida. Going to Georgia next weekend to end the season (may play a fun tournament in Aug before college if things are still happening)

REALLY??? In Florida of all places? My parents (70s) moved to Tampa/Clearwater area and they are just beyond disgusted at the idiocy of Gov De Santis and what's happening in that state. Its like bizarro world. Covid #s are exploding yet everything is opening up again or big events hosted. (NBA, MLS, Disney World)

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
REALLY??? In Florida of all places? My parents (70s) moved to Tampa/Clearwater area and they are just beyond disgusted at the idiocy of Gov De Santis and what's happening in that state. Its like bizarro world. Covid #s are exploding yet everything is opening up again or big events hosted. (NBA, MLS, Disney World)

Saw a Tweet (if I remember correctly) from Tampa Bay Ray Keavan Smith this week commenting about how disgusted Floridians look at him and his teammates when they go out in public wearing masks. Smith is fighting for a roster spot. This is his livelihood. If he tests positive he sits, and next catcher on the list gets the playing time. It's very serious for most of these players which haven't made their millions. And this is the response the state gives him for protecting his livelihood.

Apr 28, 2014
Warning: Opposing point of view
Ever wonder why people are skeptical?
In late February Fauci was interviewed on good morning America and said 3 important things.
1) American's were not at risk of Covid becoming a issue.

2) Masks should not be worn by the average American

3) Cruise ships were safe and Americans should continue to cruise

Me and my wife looked at each other like yeah right. Gotta be crazy to go on a cruise.

20 days later the same highly respected doctor stood at a podium to share that without instant lockdown 2.2 million Americans would die.

Now mistakes happen but how do people trust anything these people say?

Fact is that there are zero experts on Covid. If you follow this virus and read topics online about it, every day there is a different theory.

I'm amused at people who get angry at others who don't wear masks or live in a bubble. As if they have all of this knowledge about a virus. You're a plumber you're not a epidemiologist. Even if you're in the medical community, unless you are a researcher all that you know is what someone told you.. and these same people told you lies or were completly wrong 3 months ago.
Think about that.

We played in Atlanta last weekend, responsible safety measures and a common sense approach.
Play on if you feel safe, if not, don't play.

Aug 6, 2013
In late February Fauci was interviewed on good morning America and said 3 important things.

Me and my wife looked at each other like yeah right. Gotta be crazy to go on a cruise.

20 days later the same highly respected doctor stood at a podium to share that without instant lockdown 2.2 million Americans would die.

Fact is that there are zero experts on Covid. If you follow this virus and read topics online about it, every day there is a different theory.

I'm amused at people who get angry at others who don't wear masks or live in a bubble. As if they have all of this knowledge about a virus. You're a plumber you're not a epidemiologist. Even if you're in the medical community, unless you are a researcher all that you know is what someone told you.. and these same people told you lies or were completly wrong 3 months ago.
Think about that.

We played in Atlanta last weekend, responsible safety measures and a common sense approach.
It’s called science. It was a new virus that is constantly changing. I trust the doctors who are willing to learn and adapt their treatments and opinions as they learn more. We are now learning that people who have recovered have lasting lung damage.

I find it ridiculous the people who are making fun of the people who DO choose to wear masks. It goes both ways so don’t act like it doesn’t..... meanwhile communities and people are doing what they can to mitigate the risks as they see fit. I don’t fault anyone for that. Regardless if my daughter will survive just fine - I would rather not risk the unknown after effects that could happen.

Mar 10, 2020

Think about that.

We've been playing in the north east for a little over a month. Had one tourney cancel due to diagnosis of host team player.

As per guidance, i'll listen to the guy that has dedicated 50 years of his life to science as opposed to talking heads wearing makeup.
Have learned shutting down the economy for the common good didnt matter. As the public does not have common interests.
Internally certain states will implode if this keeps up.
In a matter of days our state will be forced to recognize the will of the people is to get kids back in school. The governor who has already evoked an imbalance in leadership will be pitted against angry parents.
What then will be the decision for sports when kids go back to school.

May 20, 2016
In a matter of days our state will be forced to recognize the will of the people is to get kids back in school. The governor who has already evoked an imbalance in leadership will be pitted against angry parents.
What then will be the decision for sports when kids go back to school.

That's going to be a tough one for sure. Colleges are waffling on what they're going to do. Ivy League cancelled all fall sports. As per public schools, doesn't matter what government or parents have to say. It's all going to be based on what the teachers unions decides. They are likely the strongest union in America. They are the ones with their hands on the wheel.

Apr 28, 2014
It’s called science. It was a new virus that is constantly changing. I trust the doctors who are willing to learn and adapt their treatments and opinions as they learn more. We are now learning that people who have recovered have lasting lung damage.

I find it ridiculous the people who are making fun of the people who DO choose to wear masks. It goes both ways so don’t act like it doesn’t..... meanwhile communities and people are doing what they can to mitigate the risks as they see fit. I don’t fault anyone for that. Regardless if my daughter will survive just fine - I would rather not risk the unknown after effects that could happen.

For tens of thousands of years humans believed that the earth was flat.
Scientists not only supported that belief, they created it. Today with the web and sharing of information false theories are dispelled quickly.
I support masks and everyone wearing one but I dont belittle people who dont for the simple fact that our scientific community has absolutely no idea what they are talking about. I could post dozens of instances where they were convinced of something only to be proven wrong 3 days later. My original post was intended to explain why people are skeptical of the government and their direction. I stand by that. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478