Anyone know about this Indiana Tournament- Top 100 Showcase

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2012
It's a PGF event and those are the best teams in the Midwest. You cannot just "enter" that tournament, you have to be approved.

They play at Grand Park which is a recently built million dollar sports park. They hold about three top of the line fast pitch tournaments there in the fall.

Nov 18, 2013
It's a PGF event and those are the best teams in the Midwest. You cannot just "enter" that tournament, you have to be approved.

They play at Grand Park which is a recently built million dollar sports park. They hold about three top of the line fast pitch tournaments there in the fall.

Translations = Your check has to clear :)

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I see it on Tourney Machine, but no results were entered (https://www.tourneymachine.com/Public/Results/Tournament.aspx?IDTournament=h20180222170753301af78ddb1a7f741). Looks like a good number of teams mainly from IN, OH, and IL. I'm not familiar with many of the teams listed, but I did see a couple of Bandits Demarini teams, and Bandits usually stick to tournaments or showcases with stronger fields.

Indy Bandits Elite/ DiMarini is the team I coached 2 years ago! Magic Gold Ruble is an old buddy of mine! That'll be the team to beat here. He's got an 05 pitcher that could be an ace on a ton college teams!

May 17, 2012
Translations = Your check has to clear :)

Agreed that a lot of showcases are that way but these events at Grand Park are different. You have to submit your resume and then it seems pretty random who gets chosen. They tend to limit the number from the same organization from what I can tell.

It's not like the Stingrays but it also isn't pay to play.

One tip to coaches is to submit your money when you apply (sometimes you can apply first and pay later). Tournament directors hate sending back cash they have in their hand. :)

Nov 18, 2013
Agreed that a lot of showcases are that way but these events at Grand Park are different. You have to submit your resume and then it seems pretty random who gets chosen. They tend to limit the number from the same organization from what I can tell.

It's not like the Stingrays but it also isn't pay to play.

One tip to coaches is to submit your money when you apply (sometimes you can apply first and pay later). Tournament directors hate sending back cash they have in their hand. :)

I recognized most of the club names and they commonly produce great teams. Limiting number from same organization and making sure you're getting one of their competitive teams is great. With some having 4-5 teams at an age level there's a huge difference in the caliber of play.

Jun 4, 2014
We were there this year for 16U. Saw about 30-40 D-1 coaches and a handful of D-2 and D-3 coaches. It's like Scenic City though--there are some areas where there is very little coach activity. Also, for whatever reason they have run rule when it's supposed to be a showcase event. In other words, if you play too good, you don't get to showcase your talent as much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802