Anyone in town (aside from Pattar and I, by default) for the WCWS or have a DD playing in Triple Crown or the OKC Challenge?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2016
I saw the game.
207fd70e2496d4f8a6f18a59d89d4019.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Feb 3, 2016
Had some interesting stuff happen today. Had a parent from a team we were playing using a radar gun on our pitcher during warm ups and in the game.

I went over sat next to him and asked what he was going to do with that pitching data he's acquired.
"Nothing just comparing his daughters speed to others in the tournament." Was the response.

I told him that that isn't allowed and he said "I didn't know" and he put the gun up.

Later....during the same game we made a pitching change and his wife now has the Radar gun getting data and feeding the dugout with the info.

I walked over and said if I see the radar gun out at all during the remainder of the game I'll call over the UIC.

The husband freaks out and says "don't talk to his wife" and "show me in the rules it's not allowed."
I just said I've already told you it's not allowed and it's in poor form to do what they were doing. I told him that the UIC will be over in a minute to explain the rules. So the UIC asks this guy's wife to leave the stands and explains the rules to her.

After the game the guy is mouthing off and the coaches are laughing although they didn't win the game. Can't buy integrity or class in life or in Fastpitch softball.

Jun 8, 2016
Had some interesting stuff happen today. Had a parent from a team we were playing using a radar gun on our pitcher during warm ups and in the game.

I went over sat next to him and asked what he was going to do with that pitching data he's acquired.
"Nothing just comparing his daughters speed to others in the tournament." Was the response.

I told him that that isn't allowed and he said "I didn't know" and he put the gun up.

Later....during the same game we made a pitching change and his wife now has the Radar gun getting data and feeding the dugout with the info.

I walked over and said if I see the radar gun out at all during the remainder of the game I'll call over the UIC.

The husband freaks out and says "don't talk to his wife" and "show me in the rules it's not allowed."
I just said I've already told you it's not allowed and it's in poor form to do what they were doing. I told him that the UIC will be over in a minute to explain the rules. So the UIC asks this guy's wife to leave the stands and explains the rules to her.

After the game the guy is mouthing off and the coaches are laughing although they didn't win the game. Can't buy integrity or class in life or in Fastpitch softball.

As a player, what good is knowing how hard somebody is throwing as in the actual velocity number? I never understood the usefulness of this other than to scare the cr*# out of the kids if the number if high...

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have talked to DD and DW several times since they arrived in OKC. They are enjoying their time there so far. Some highlights...

Positives -- They visited the Oklahoma City National Memorial and stated that it is an emotional experience. They both agreed that the Field of Empty Chairs was both heart wrenching and beautiful.

Negatives -- I was surprised to hear how chaotic the driving is around the city. I don't know. I guess as a person that frequents the 95 corridor and the famous "New York City drivers", hearing another region could compete with that caught me off guard.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Negatives -- I was surprised to hear how chaotic the driving is around the city. I don't know. I guess as a person that frequents the 95 corridor and the famous "New York City drivers", hearing another region could compete with that caught me off guard.

I should have clarified about the traffic- I specifically meant any INCREASED traffic or issues right around the ballpark. What they encountered is maybe my biggest pet peeve about living here. There is absolutely NO reason for the traffic to be as chaotic as it is with how relatively small the population is and how spread out the metro-plex is, but it's ridiculous nonetheless. It drives me absolutely up the wall. It doesn't help that we have perpetual road construction.

Jun 8, 2016
I should have clarified about the traffic- I specifically meant any INCREASED traffic or issues right around the ballpark. What they encountered is maybe my biggest pet peeve about living here. There is absolutely NO reason for the traffic to be as chaotic as it is with how relatively small the population is and how spread out the metro-plex is, but it's ridiculous nonetheless. It drives me absolutely up the wall. It doesn't help that we have perpetual road construction.
Take away cell phones and half the traffic problems go away..everywhere not only in OK.

Apr 16, 2015
As a player, what good is knowing how hard somebody is throwing as in the actual velocity number? I never understood the usefulness of this other than to scare the cr*# out of the kids if the number if high...
We faced a team from the Tulsa area around 6 times last season that was notorious for going around and clocking all the pitchers. Always made me laugh because I had the same thought. If I clocked a pitcher and told my dd, "she's throwing 50" she would most definitely give me the ok.....and, look. Anytime I see the guns come out now, I just sit back and watch their reactions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12