Anyone here familiar with Gloveworks?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Curious if any dad’s or DD’s have ordered and are using a Gloveworks custom? The reviews on these at SBF are ALL very positive! Positive as in the guys over there are using these over their high-end HOH & A2000’s! All these guys are ordering the Pro-steerhide over the Pro-Kip.

Here’s a few random pics.

Attachments

• B17045CE-2C93-410A-9C32-6FDA3AB9A4D7.jpg
    B17045CE-2C93-410A-9C32-6FDA3AB9A4D7.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 198
  • 48A05A1D-1015-4374-A2FC-3CE0D367871B.jpg
    48A05A1D-1015-4374-A2FC-3CE0D367871B.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 9725DC81-5981-4FB3-87E7-1703E3B3188A.jpg
    9725DC81-5981-4FB3-87E7-1703E3B3188A.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 195
May 23, 2015
I checked out their site and Made in China with no refund policy would be enough to keep me way from them. Did the people on whatever site you visited say why they chose Gloveworks over the other brands? Doesn't really make any sense to me personally.

I've always been a steer hide fan. All of the other stuff is just an up sale

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Be forewarned about the other site you visit, just because people buy some products over there, doesn't mean stuff is great. Much of the people
over there have no clue what they are talking about. Its sheep central, one guy says something is good, and if you don't agree, you are an idiot and
wont be in the clique. I have no doubt these others never had a high end glove that they "put down" :).
SBF is prob getting a kickback for each member that buys one, or some member is...haha

That place is a wasteland anymore, most people with any knowledge got the heck out many years ago.

BTW, I have never owned one of these gloves or know anything about them, could be good...just saying I would not even tell my enemy to go on that site for good advice :)

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I checked out their site and Made in China with no refund policy would be enough to keep me way from them. Did the people on whatever site you visited say why they chose Gloveworks over the other brands? Doesn't really make any sense to me personally.

I've always been a steer hide fan. All of the other stuff is just an up sale

The guys who are praising them are ordering them from a guy named Dan Davis in Georgia, he's another one of the top re-lacing / restoration guys in the country. He's went in with Gloveworks and has certain models he orders with "Gloveworks x Davis Relacing" stamped on the inside of the pinky. He has several beautiful colors......British tan & Midnight tan, he used rough split welting, yellow/gold stitching, and they use the same shell leather for the palm liner and finger stalls......which is a huge plus!

As far as your China comment, oh I get it!! But Dan has said Mr. Lee was trained in Japan by the same people who make the Japanese UA and Nike gloves, both very high-end gloves in Japan! All of Dan's gloves are assembled here in the USA at his house in Georgia.

Not trying to sell you guys on this product, just seeing if any of you have ever used one?

Attachments

• 2najxqv.jpg
    2najxqv.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 2qup7nk.jpg
    2qup7nk.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 5btgjk.jpg
    5btgjk.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 324F84CD-1E3A-4B6D-B6C6-9DBF4D0675AE (2).jpg
    324F84CD-1E3A-4B6D-B6C6-9DBF4D0675AE (2).jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 177
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Be forewarned about the other site you visit, just because people buy some products over there, doesn't mean stuff is great. Much of the people
over there have no clue what they are talking about. Its sheep central, one guy says something is good, and if you don't agree, you are an idiot and
wont be in the clique. I have no doubt these others never had a high end glove that they "put down" :).
SBF is prob getting a kickback for each member that buys one, or some member is...haha

That place is a wasteland anymore, most people with any knowledge got the heck out many years ago.

BTW, I have never owned one of these gloves or know anything about them, could be good...just saying I would not even tell my enemy to go on that site for good advice :)

Love you like a internet / DFP brother Core, but I couldn't disagree more! SBF has nothing whatsoever to do with these Gloveworks gloves Dan is selling and there are some super knowledgeable glove guys there who have huge collections of high-end rare gloves there and are always willing to help with any questions and post pics. Notice I said gloves, as in the Fielding gloves discussion forum. I can honestly say I've never once ever looked at a bat or had a bat discussion with anyone at that website, and I'm willing to bet you have!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Love you like a internet / DFP brother Core, but I couldn't disagree more! SBF has nothing whatsoever to do with these Gloveworks gloves Dan is selling and there are some super knowledgeable glove guys there who have huge collections of high-end rare gloves there and are always willing to help with any questions and post pics. Notice I said gloves, as in the Fielding gloves discussion forum. I can honestly say I've never once ever looked at a bat or had a bat discussion with anyone at that website, and I'm willing to bet you have!

Yupper, never even had a glove section when I was around...haha. But as for bats/hitting knowledge...dreadful. And I never said somebody
was def linked to this Glove guy on there...it was a joke because that's the way the site usually is.

But I never said there wasn't anybody left...just could count them on one hand :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28