Anyone heard of Game Ready softball series??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
They dropped the official trailer yesterday, the series starts Feb 27. I love all things softball so I'm definitely in. No affiliation with it other than its filmed in SoCal and there's lots of OC batbusters

Sep 29, 2014
Production quality looks high....but just not huge fan of puttting even more pressure on these girls, looks like could be good though guessing it was from last season unless it is going 100% reality and is following them this season....anyone in Cali notice guys running around filming games and practices?

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah, the directors of the series posted this video on a facebook group I'm in.

I replied with "Yikes, it looks really rough. I hope it's not all just negative aspects of the sport."

They said that the video was to get attention and that the show will have many positive moments as well.

Jul 1, 2019
I saw a trailer for it a few weeks ago and added it to my subscriptions so that it notifies me when it actually airs. I'm hoping it shows a good example of what the older groups are going thru at high levels, I'd like my 12U DD to get a glimpse of what the future may hold for her.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
I think any opportunities like this for girls to see themselves (figuratively speaking) in media is largely a good thing. It's a sign that the sport is building momentum (not trying to spin the "is softball actually growing" argument back up) to me.

Nov 18, 2015
Yeah, the directors of the series posted this video on a facebook group I'm in.

I replied with "Yikes, it looks really rough. I hope it's not all just negative aspects of the sport."

They said that the video was to get attention and that the show will have many positive moments as well.
The several previews I saw are pretty heavy on the negative. They need to do a better job editing, b/c I can see it turning a lot of people off before they even see a full episode.

What I got out of the previews were "no one knows who I am, I have no life outside softball, softball is my life, lots of us get hurt, I wish I could be a kid". If their goal is to inspire future players by showing the reality of high-level teams and the college recruiting process, their definition of "inspire" is a little different than the one I'm used to using.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Another video popped up on my youtube feed... I'm looking forward to it. DD plays for one of the orgs represented in the video... It's interesting seeing all of the players that DD has seen at workouts/practices and who've moved on to big things in the game.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Watched it last night. I thought it was fairly well done and portrayed the scene (good and bad) pretty accurately. Maya Brady had a significant role in the episode I watched. I subscribed and look forward to seeing future episodes.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD and I just watched it. We both enjoyed it and really liked hearing what the players had to say. To go along with Blues comment above, we were curious what it would cost to play for one of those teams for a year lol. It would be cool if as the series goes along to bounce around and cover teams in different parts of the country.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2