Anyone ever use the Hitting Disc?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Hi,

I wanted to see if any of you have used the Hitting Disc as a training aid for hitting? It looks like it would be good for indoor use (being in the Northeast - we are regulated to indoor hitting until a week before the season starts).

You Tube video of the disc

Even if you haven't used it I'd be interested in your opinion if you think it would help beginners improve their eye on watching the disc?

Thanks,
cj

May 12, 2008
Looks like fun but since it moves differently than a ball and since it doesn't help you swing more efficiently I don't think I'd make it a priority. But it does look like fun and sometimes a little break in the routine is a great thing.

Sep 11, 2008
caifornia
we used them at a camp. they are basically circular pieces of nylon fabric which are weighted along the circumference. they're fun to throw since they travel a long ways outdoors. my advice would be to just buy some inexpensive frisbees.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
we used them at a camp. they are basically circular pieces of nylon fabric which are weighted along the circumference. they're fun to throw since they travel a long ways outdoors. my advice would be to just buy some inexpensive frisbees.

Wouldn't this be like the fabric-like dog frisbee's?

Jan 15, 2009
Agree with the above, it's a fun way to get in some reps. I'd also add that they don't travel far when hit, so it's a good indoor drill, or outdoor drill when you don't have a lot of space and/or a net to hit into.

We had the kids collect cool hwip lids and other cheap container lids and put them in a group bag.

CD's are a bad idea, they shatter and are a hazard and a mess.

May 13, 2008
CD's are a bad idea, they shatter and are a hazard and a mess.

I agree that they would shatter when hit with a bat, but that isn't how they're used in the drill. They are "thrown" by the batter. They do crack, but they are cheap and readily available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28