Anyone else get excited the night before a tournament?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2019
School ball or TB, I get excited the night before a tournament....it is now almost 3:00, alarm is set for 05:30. Truck is washed,waxed...loaded and ready to roll. Eat a good breakfast. 1/2 hour drive. Be at park 7:30 ish. Report time is 8:00 first pitch at 09:00.

Apr 28, 2019
School ball or TB, I get excited the night before a tournament....it is now almost 3:00, alarm is set for 05:30. Truck is washed,waxed...loaded and ready to roll. Eat a good breakfast. 1/2 hour drive. Be at park 7:30 ish. Report time is 8:00 first pitch at 09:00.
I get excited when my daughters pitch. Can’t sit still. It’s like I’m out there myself nervous as hell. A little anxiety when they bat but not too bad.

Apr 16, 2013
A few years back I used to be like that. Now it's just part of the routine. 16u so been at this 8 years now. Hard to believe it honestly. I'd still rather be watching my DD play than just about anything else though. Just not anxious about it anymore. :)

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I'm excited for our first tournament coming up the 15th and 16th of June in Western PA. I'll be a new high school grad and will be starting to get everything ready to head off for college the third week of August.

J.Galt

Banned
Feb 8, 2019

Half hour drive? Are you sure that's travel ball?
I feel ya, luckily I discovered that a shot of Sailor Jerry and 2 CBD gummies will help get a good night's rest before tourney play.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I get fussed at by my DD at EVERY tournament! We get parked, get everything situated, unload the trunk, grab my bucket full of stuff, slam the trunk..........and I'm gone!!! Within seconds I'm 10 feet ahead of her, then 25 feet, then I hear "SLOW DOWN!!" She swears I walk differently at ball parks!

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
I get fussed at by my DD at EVERY tournament! We get parked, get everything situated, unload the trunk, grab my bucket full of stuff, slam the trunk..........and I'm gone!!! Within seconds I'm 10 feet ahead of her, then 25 feet, then I hear "SLOW DOWN!!" She swears I walk differently at ball parks!
I love this! GOTTA GO! my DD is the same way...

But I also tell my team the game starts in the parking lot...so once the doors open...GAME ON! :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28