Anyone else’s HS teams struggling to get games in?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Totally not looking to cause any issues, but just wondering how many other HS teams are struggling to get their seasons in? We played our one and only game on 3/23 and haven‘t been able to have a practice for over a week. Between the virus that shall not be named spreading like wildfire among local teams and yucky weather, we keep getting games postponed or canceled. Our HS season typically ends mid-May (private school) so it seems like that is quickly approaching! I’ve been attending the local public school games of DD’s friends and some of her TB teammates just to be able to catch a HS game. Otherwise, I’m living vicariously through GC.

How are you all faring?

May 20, 2015
we open friday......then due to a quirk in the schedule, have 10 days off, lol

some schools are getting hit......but not too bad, right now most of the schools going to remote are more due to staff having to quarantine.....as more and more teachers get fully vaccinated, this should improve

we've only seen a few schools/teams getting nailed with actual cases/close contacts among the team, so we shall see

Apr 20, 2015
Doing fine. Had 2 games then off for spring break. Had 2 last week and 4 scheduled this week. Our field is turf so cancelations for weather are less likely and schools around here want to play so are willing to switch a game if weather prevents us from going to them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

May 27, 2013
Doing fine. Had 2 games then off for spring break. Had 2 last week and 4 scheduled this week. Our field is turf so cancelations for weather are less likely and schools around here want to play so are willing to switch a game if weather prevents us from going to them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, we swapped with a school around here who has turf (said we would go to them instead) and then they were shut down for a bit. We have rescheduled with one team 2 times and another 3. Just no luck.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Opening Day is Friday. I only have 19 games scheduled this year, a combination of a slightly shorter season and so many of my regular opponents opting out or playing conference only.

I fully expect covid (our own issues, other team issues, other teams needing to reschedule postponed games because of covid, etc.) to cause some significant issues at some point. We played last summer, but losing two straight HS seasons would be seriously demoralizing.

We should have 5 games played by the end of next week. We'll see how things are going by that point.

Aug 25, 2019
Our season hasn't started yet, but around here quite a few basketball/volleyball teams seasons were affected, mostly because students went to big parties and the virus spread that way, not necessarily in school.

May 27, 2013
Our season hasn't started yet, but around here quite a few basketball/volleyball teams seasons were affected, mostly because students went to big parties and the virus spread that way, not necessarily in school.

Yep. This is what happened to us, as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi