ANY TRYOUTS ? in your area ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Took a look see on a local tryouts forum in 14u. Read about 10 new tryout postings from this May!

One was for virtual tryouts.
The others were posted for a field practice.
One said must be willing to travel.

Whats the scoop in your area?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Most teams are running tryouts or have posted tryouts across Florida except in the 'closed counties' in the southeast where they are starting to post for May 18th and beyond. There are enough open fields that most teams can find a spot.

I am aware of at least two 30+ player tryouts yesterday.

Most fields are players and coaches only. Parents are not allowed out and are restricted to the parking lot. Some fields don't seem to care.

Jun 8, 2016
Took a look see on a local tryouts forum in 14u. Read about 10 new tryout postings from this May!

One was for virtual tryouts.
The others were posted for a field practice.
One said must be willing to travel.

Whats the scoop in your area?
DD's team just tried out 2 kids yesterday, picked up one kid (a catcher ;) )

Apr 25, 2019
It's been slow in South Louisiana. I have only seen one announcement for a tryout. But they usually start rolling in right about now.

Apr 16, 2013
Here in mid to eastern NC I've seen only a few, low tier, teams post anything. Those are the teams just searching for bodies. Most teams did start back practice today or yesterday.

Feb 25, 2018
Will be interesting to see what teams do in the northeast. Not sure how they'll come up with a fee structure with the unknown.

Jan 28, 2020
im in the NW...our tryouts usually are in july/august. teams form up in august after tryouts and play sept-july. teams have individual tryouts throughout the year to pick up players as needed. interesting how other regions do it differently

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812