Any reason you shouldn't buy a swing tracker?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2013
Has the Blast hardware changed at all? I have one from early and assumed there's no reason to upgrade on that side.

Nov 15, 2019
Very bad metric. Think about it.

I'm sure there are various opinions on this, but I didn't say it has to be the shortest time to contact. We realize that a longer time may indicate the bat's staying in the zone longer. I don't think our hitting instructor focuses on time to contact much (his big ones are attack angle and bat speed) but I'm pretty comfortable with whatever metrics he chooses to use as he has been pretty successful and has several girls committed to playing for power 5 schools right now.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Uh? Explain..
siggy-linear-demo.gif

This is much, much faster to contact.

You're not trying to get the bat faster to contact. You are trying to get faster bat speed. Two totally different things. One is good, the other destructive.

' I'm pretty comfortable with whatever metrics he chooses to use '
Having been through this for over 2 decades, always question what anyone tells you. Anyone. Especially former pros and people instructing kids that come to them that are already good players.

Nov 15, 2019
Having been through this for over 2 decades, always question what anyone tells you. Anyone. Especially former pros and people instructing kids that come to them that are already good players.

I asked our hitting instructor dozens of questions and researched him well before we hired him. I'm confident he knows what he's doing and I'm pretty well informed. I have no desire to question every little thing. Of course we still talk about things, and if something didn't seem right or DD wasn't progressing I would question, but we've seen a vast improvement and she's been hitting bombs since we've started with him.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Efastball

That’s what the Rotational acceleration metric is for, it measure how quickly you accelerate the barrel.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
View attachment 20213

This is much, much faster to contact.

You're not trying to get the bat faster to contact. You are trying to get faster bat speed. Two totally different things. One is good, the other destructive.

That is not faster, that is a very long hand path that takes longer then the HLP. 😜

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28