Any reason you shouldn't buy a swing tracker?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2019
I've been eyeing these things for a while, and there are some decent Black Friday sales happening now. They look like they could be really helpful, and to be honest, fun to play with. Is there a downside to them? Do they encourage swing patterns that are suboptimal? Are there bad habits that could develop? Are they just useless? In short, does anyone regret hooking it up to their DD's bat?

Aug 16, 2019
NORTH TEXAS
i can only attest to blast motion. the sensor is cool and shows a 3d tracker of each swing. Have to purchase the yearly membership to unlock all the features though. I believe it was 89.95 once unlocked it gives you more information than I could figure out.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I have Blast. In another thread I posted the swing, load, and launch position was a geometry problem. Blast helps with creating and tracking the geometry in the swing. I also have everything unlocked.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
There are two ways to unlock all the metrics. One is to pay $60 as a player and the other is to pay $100 as a coach. Part of the coach subscription you get to track everything online and has a analysis section/software.

Nov 15, 2019
We have blast and love it. DD likes the fun and challenge it bring to her reps. We don't pay the extra for the connection subscription. Our hitting coach mainly uses bat speed, attack angle, and time to contact, which are the metrics included for free.

The only thing we don't like is the Android version has glitches. Supposedly it's better if you have iOS.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I talked with Blast and asked them what was the best platform. They said iOS, because it is made for the iPhone. Unlike android that covers many, many phones. I have iOS and love it.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Kids these days love tech. When I was younger players could care less about tech. Completely different with today’s kids.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
One of the metrics in Blast is Rotational acceleration. Which measures swing quickness. So you can measure Batspeed, swing time to contact and rotational acceleration. Rotational acceleration is one of the metrics you unlock.

Here are the metrics I like to show on my swing/video. You can choose any of the metrics you want displayed.

Mine are, batspeed, peak hand speed, time to contact and rotational acceleration. In that order on the video below.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2016
Blast is on sale. Holiday special/code

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201123-230830_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201123-230830_Samsung Internet.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads