Any issues here?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
The ruling you found specifically states the uniform is legal and yet you still believe it would be acceptable for an umpire to rule it as distracting? Once again, good luck with that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

May 6, 2015
my point is if this is legal, the whole "can't where anything distracting", can't start cheer during windup, etc. rules should be tossed. why allow one type of buffoonery and not others? how about I stand behind backstop and yell swing on every pitch? not specifically listed in rulebook, so it is legal.

I think USA/ASA got caught with the pants down. and hard to enforce it now, teams would demand refunds, and $ controls everything.

that is why they (and all rulesets) should specifically outlaw it, starting at X date in the future. otherwise, to me, they should get out of regulating distractions altogether. if you cannot regulate an obvious and glaring issue, why nitpick over a band aid or sports tape on a pitchers hand/arm?

May 6, 2015
The ruling you found specifically states the uniform is legal and yet you still believe it would be acceptable for an umpire to rule it as distracting? Once again, good luck with that.

did not say it was legal actually if you read it, said it was not illegal per se, there is a difference. they got caught with their pants down.

and I get they gave direction, still absurd, and bush league. rules are rules, but bush league is still bush league. this is youth softball, not nascar or the NFL.

actually, if our team played a team wearing those, I would simply yell to girls nice and loud "you got em girls, they think they need gimmicks to beat you"

May 29, 2015
I’ve stated m

I’ve stated my peace and I’m good with that.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2008
did not say it was legal actually if you read it, said it was not illegal per se, there is a difference. they got caught with their pants down.

and I get they gave direction, still absurd, and bush league. rules are rules, but bush league is still bush league. this is youth softball, not nascar or the NFL.

actually, if our team played a team wearing those, I would simply yell to girls nice and loud "you got em girls, they think they need gimmicks to beat you"
It does specifically state it is legal, first line of ruling.

RULING: The optic yellow shorts are legal

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
"Yeah, I know it is the rule, but I'm going to go by what I believe should be right"

Yep, that would go over well with the UIC

May 29, 2015
Instant karma’s gonna’ get you ...

First game of a college showcase today and one of the teams had on true optic yellow jerseys with Kelly green pants. Of course the other coach (who was also the TD) questioned it before we even got on the field.

jjr

Jun 13, 2017
Those unis are neon green not optic yellow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They definitely are neon green. My kid's team has played that team a couple times before.

The chin cushion is also neon green. My kid has one in the same color for her facemask (albeit older and more beaten up than the one in the picture).

May 29, 2015
Since this popped back up ... I was talking to another umpire who worked that same showcase. I asked him about their uniforms ... he said he had no issue (by rule) during the game. However during another game, they were warming up in centerfield before their game. He made them move out of the centerfield area and out of the hitter’s line of site.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2