Any issues here?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
The same way we used to travel around by horse drawn carriage and communicate by telegraph. The same way we all survived riding in cars without seatbelts and used to have long distance dialing cards that we used on corded phones that couldn’t leave our homes.

Lead based paint? Asbestos?

I know you probably think I sound ridiculous, but not near as ridiculous as the same one-note you keep playing.

Times change. The way it always was isn’t always the way it should be.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
The same way we used to travel around by horse drawn carriage and communicate by telegraph. The same way we all survived riding in cars without seatbelts and used to have long distance dialing cards that we used on corded phones that couldn’t leave our homes.

Lead based paint? Asbestos?

I know you probably think I sound ridiculous, but not near as ridiculous as the same one-note you keep playing.

Times change. The way it always was isn’t always the way it should be.

You are comparing progressive acts to something that, IMO hasn't really provided any discernible change in the game other then people complaining about uniform colors

May 29, 2015
Sorry to drag this on back up, but MLB decided to take part in the uniform debauchery over the weekend and it did cause some ... uh ... rules problems.

A great recap at:

For those who didn’t click, MLB held its “Players’ Weekend” (whatever that means) event during the series played over the weekend. It featured home teams in all white ... literally ALL white ... and visiting teams in ALL black ... literally ALL black ... uniforms.

In addition to the crimes against fashion, this promotional weekend caused some gameday issues. It was quickly realized that the pitchers wearing white caps was a problem (and against MLB rules). So MLB said the pitchers would all wear black caps.

The Chicago Cubs (the first day game that day) decided the whole team would wear black caps in solidarity AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH MLB RULES. MLB quickly stepped in and said “No, we need to sell hats, so you will wear the white hats except for the pitcher.” Well, that may not be exactly how they said it. Either way, MLB was ordering a violation of one of its rules.

Granted the MLB rule is worded differently, but ... while white uniforms are not a problem, white hats are a problem and illegal because ... they are near the pitcher’s release point of the ball.

Dec 11, 2010
MIB, my wife had the Cubs game on and it was indeed a crime against fashion. Awful looking uniforms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802