Any advice. Not perfect yet.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
My dd has come a long way since even November. But I know there is still work to be done. Any mechanical corrections you all can recommend and drills to make the changes.
Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 28, 2017
Just a dad. I would continue to work on her drive and drag. I think she can get more out of her effort by driving with her shoe laces facing the catcher. Also, her heel is up and she is on her toe but when the ball points towards 2nd base she flattens out her foot and it appears to really slow down her momentum.

Nov 8, 2018
Just a dad. I would continue to work on her drive and drag. I think she can get more out of her effort by driving with her shoe laces facing the catcher. Also, her heel is up and she is on her toe but when the ball points towards 2nd base she flattens out her foot and it appears to really slow down her momentum.

Are you referring to her rear leg in second half of your comment. ?

Apr 28, 2019
My dd has come a long way since even November. But I know there is still work to be done. Any mechanical corrections you all can recommend and drills to make the changes.
Thank you in advance.

I would say needs more thrust/push for increased speed. Everything else looks pretty standard for that age. Every pitch should be max effort. Pitching is hard and takes a lot of energy.

Jun 13, 2017
Also just a dad of 14U,

I think she looks very good but had a couple of observations/thoughts.

My DD is working through same issue of dragging a flat back foot - we're working on getting her up on the toe with laces to the catcher. I think some of the hip for brush interference is lost by keeping that foot flat in addition to slowing momentum.

The other thing I would suggest is working on strong front side resistance. To me it looks like she is letting some energy slip away by not being strong on the landing but rather letting herself sneak forward. We spent a good amount of time on that with my DD - telling her it should almost be like she is hitting a wall.

Sep 3, 2015
I would say needs more thrust/push for increased speed. Everything else looks pretty standard for that age. Every pitch should be max effort. Pitching is hard and takes a lot of energy.
+1 on this, looks good though.

These look like pre-inning warmup pitches, is this also her game pitch? I know my DD isn't giving max effort on her warmups.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2018
Also just a dad of 14U,

I think she looks very good but had a couple of observations/thoughts.

My DD is working through same issue of dragging a flat back foot - we're working on getting her up on the toe with laces to the catcher. I think some of the hip for brush interference is lost by keeping that foot flat in addition to slowing momentum.

The other thing I would suggest is working on strong front side resistance. To me it looks like she is letting some energy slip away by not being strong on the landing but rather letting herself sneak forward. We spent a good amount of time on that with my DD - telling her it should almost be like she is hitting a wall.

Yup. A bad habit. She gets forward sometimes. It’s waaaay better. Ha. Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom