Any 10u flame throwers at PGF Nationals this year?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 4, 2018
I remember last year there was a girl hitting 60 mph. Just curious what is going on this year at 10u PGF Nationals. I am in the midwest and I know the Beverly Bandits got a girl that is throwing a legit 55+ mph.

Jan 28, 2017
Awesome for 10U. If you back them up to 43 ft, how much does the distance slow it down? I forgot how many feet the ball has to travel before it loses speed.

Jun 8, 2016
Awesome for 10U. If you back them up to 43 ft, how much does the distance slow it down? I forgot how many feet the ball has to travel before it loses speed.

The ball is losing speed the whole time...

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

If I remember correctly, it is approximately 1 mph for every 7 feet. So the change from 40 feet to 43 feet would be approximately 1/2 mph.

Jun 8, 2016
If I remember correctly, it is approximately 1 mph for every 7 feet. So the change from 40 feet to 43 feet would be approximately 1/2 mph.

I would like to see a kid throw that hard at 10U even if it means that my 8YO DD would look like a deer in headlights...says the guy sitting in a lawnchair..lol
I would guess the fastest kid they faced this year may have topped out at 50, maybe a bit harder.

Jan 28, 2017
10U clocked at 49 from 35 ft and 11 inch ball but was at tops 42 this weekend from 40 ft with 12 inch ball. I have never clocked my DD at anything but 43 ft and never really thought about it. We have always practiced from 43 ft even when pitching at 35 ft.

Mar 6, 2018

it would clock the same because the gun picks it up a the highest speed (at release). It would however be slower at the plate. Unless I'm missing something. I don't get how it would change unless you're facing the gun differently pointed at the plate. Maybe someone could clarify

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
it would clock the same because the gun picks it up a the highest speed (at release). It would however be slower at the plate. Unless I'm missing something. I don't get how it would change unless you're facing the gun differently pointed at the plate. Maybe someone could clarify

Depends what type of radar you are using. I currently have a pocket radar. However, I used to use a glove radar, which would measure the speed closer to the glove instead of the point of release. So there is going to be a difference between the two methods. Typically pitchers are more interested in top speed (out of the hand), but as a hitter, I have always been more interested in the speed when it crosses the plate. Just a different point of reference.

Taken from the Glove Radar website:
"The Glove Radar® measures ball speed into the glove. Since the ball slows-down at rate of about 1 mph per 7 feet of travel (reference Prof. Adair), just add 6 mph to the reading to obtain the ball speed out of the pitcher’s hand for a pitching distance of 46 feet; 8 mph for pitching distance of 60 feet 6 inches; and 7 mph for distances in between. (The pitcher’s stride is taken into consideration)."

May 18, 2009
Girl from Tennessee was clocked at 57.

I’ve only seen one 10U near that speed and was told she was at 56. Throwing from 35 feet and this girls stride was a foot outside the circle. When we played them. Looking at the USSSA website their team was beating everyone 15-0, 17-0. We pulled ahead of them in 3rd inning and that’s when this girl came in to pitch. Completely shut us down. Gas down the middle but our girls couldn’t catch up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478