Another question I should get RAD to ask for me!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I especially like it when my girls are at first.

Really lets them close that beast of a 13" glove. And cuts down on the pain from infielders throwing missiles to them.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I've tried TIP. I got used to how it feels in the glove, but I think there's a distinct disadvantage. From my understanding, you put two in the pinky stall and slide the other two fingers over, leaving the index finger stall empty. I want a finger there! I'm using that finger to help catch and control the ball. If that finger is moved over and there's just empty space, I'm hoping and praying the glove does the work for me. It just doesn't make much sense to me (as an outfielder, anyway...).

The glove is not a basket. The glove is an extension of the hand. Teach players to actually catch the ball and not hope they can corral it in a basket before it pops out and they'll be much better players.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
The glove is not a basket. The glove is an extension of the hand. Teach players to actually catch the ball and not hope they can corral it in a basket before it pops out and they'll be much better players.
If that says catch the ball with your hand ~Disagree.
(not certain of that exact message)

Like the thoughts about glove use!
Heres my perspective.
imo gloves are a tool that have an extra resource that hands dont
= a built in pocket.
*The hand works the tool!
*Make the cave!

The extension of having a pocket offers more range.
Really great resource for framing pitches!
Saves our hand from impact.
In most catchers mitts if were to try and catch with the hand portion only it would be like trying to catch with a ping pong paddle.
The ball we are playing with is bigger than my palm.
Personal preference, a glove that fits atleast 2 softballs in it. With enough leather to squeeze a clamp around both!

Caught with a fielders glove.
Because of the pocket i can still use my hand!!!!!
2n2 last two finger slots.
(SSK with dimple power to reduce spin)

20170919_150122-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019
I'm traditional with index finger out, no matter if fielders glove or catchers. DD and DS are both traditional.

Jan 27, 2021
While fondeling all the goodies at the SGS today DD and I decided to oogle some first base mitts. We noticed several were 4 finger mitts. Is this normal? And I assume it was to be worn TIPS, that’s the only way it seemed to really fit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812