Another Glove Recommendation Request (12 year old) [update: narrowed the field]

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2020
I'd never buy it for outfield duties, in a pinch it would work, but it's a infield baseball glove, with more emphasis on 3B being it's a 12" glove. And it's deep for what it is, but it's smaller all the way around than a BV1929.

If she was still using an 11" ball, then maybe I'd buy it for outfield but.....
Right....okay, well it gives me something to think about. Thanks.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
My DD has been using the Rawings Liberty Advanced glove. It has held up really well and if you search Amazon, you can find one for little over a hundred. I don't expect it to last a lifetime, but in my opinion, the quality for the money makes it a good deal. Worth a look.

Oct 5, 2018
The liberty advanced doesn't get a ton of love around here. But it sells like crazy for a reason and is probably perfect for this age.

It is stiff enough to not get super floppy real quick and not so stiff that your DD won't even want to try it. Should give you a solid 2+ years and then you can buy that forever glove that starts out as stiff as a board. You can usually find a deal. The r9 isn't horrible either for the price, good patterns, but after a year of heavy use may be showing why it's cheaper.

Oct 14, 2019
just ordered R9 P/Inf for 70 on amazon. good thing about amazon is that kohls will return it for you for free and you don’t have to box it. we’ll see how it works out.

Attachments

• AFEE23A6-33B8-467B-8987-5C40A0CE0DC2.jpeg
    AFEE23A6-33B8-467B-8987-5C40A0CE0DC2.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 22
Jun 19, 2016
just ordered R9 P/Inf for 70 on amazon. good thing about amazon is that kohls will return it for you for free and you don’t have to box it. we’ll see how it works out.
Looks like a nice glove. Wish it came on black because I think my DD would hold her nose up at brown. Let us know how it works.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
The liberty advanced doesn't get a ton of love around here. But it sells like crazy for a reason and is probably perfect for this age.

It is stiff enough to not get super floppy real quick and not so stiff that your DD won't even want to try it. Should give you a solid 2+ years and then you can buy that forever glove that starts out as stiff as a board. You can usually find a deal. The r9 isn't horrible either for the price, good patterns, but after a year of heavy use may be showing why it's cheaper.
100% percent correct on the r9 review, ours lasted 12months.

Oct 12, 2020
I'm keeping my eyes open for a Liberty on sale...no luck yet. Does anyone have experience with the Mizuno Prime MVP (in case I go with a cheaper glove)?

Dec 20, 2019
I bought a baseball glove off amazon warehouse and it was sold by Amazon, when i tried to return to kohls, they said i need a qr code, but when i did the return via amazon, it only provide me with the option to drop it off one of the locker drop off point and not at kohls.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom