Another ghost post😀

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2019
How long are your DD’s ghosts lasting before warranty(The Advanced more specifically)? Has it lasted a full year? I’m looking for that unicorn story. Not the one’s that only last a month because there’s a million of those. And what was your DD doing to make it last that long.

Also, looking for a non-ghost BP beater that would be comparable to one. What are you using?

Thanks!

Oct 8, 2021
My DD is a power hitter and only uses Ghosts - currently swings a 33 drop 9. She likes the weighted feel and has never liked any of the balanced bats. I guess we have been fortunate in that we have always had her bats for 1 year and then turn them in and get a new bat for another year. The only reason we turn them in is because the connector gets loose - we have never had one crack or break. She uses them for both practice and games. We do not hit heavy balls with them or use them with a pitching machine. That is it in terms of care. We do not have a BP beater.

May 20, 2015
DD1 got a first gen GA bought from Core as soon as they dropped......hit a full HS/travel season with it, though winter workouts and into next HS season before moving up in size.....DD2 used it for half a season, and still has it as her backup

DD1 has another GA that is now over a year old........we did return one along the way that legit cracked after 10 months.....i think we've owned 4 or 5

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I am a rep, so I have many stories about them going back on warranty (save your receipts and boxes, kids), but my daughter's DS is the unicorn. She got it from a friend who went up in size and no longer needed it, so I gave him a good deal on the new one. My daughter still has the 2020 DS model and uses it as her beater bat. Her game bats are a 2021 LXT and the 2023 Marucci Echo Connect, but she uses the Ghost for all her practices, not lessons.

Oddly enough, the girl who we swapped bats with has replaced her Ghost six or seven times since early 2021. I guess we got a unicorn and a bargain.

Lastly, her DeMarini CF4 Hope bat is still going strong and crushing balls. It's just too small for her now.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Dont think its as much a unicorn as you think. Its the fact that when a bat breaks, people want to
post on 20 forums and complain. The bats that last, people dont take the time to say a word...haha.

It is def also what rolling hard said...if you are taking balls off the handle or hitting every night 200 balls
in bp...then the bat will last less. Just like any bat. These bats dont take much time to break in unlike some
other brands. Does having a beater bat help, yes. Do you have to have one, no...but I encourage a beater
bat for ANY new model/make you buy. Never liked using my gamer for bp or stuff. Still dont use my gamer
to this day for bp.

Will a bat break, sure...can happen anytime without notice...bats roll off a line and made to be as hot
as you can get right away. You have give and take with the way bats are nowadays

Jul 28, 2019
Dont think its as much a unicorn as you think. Its the fact that when a bat breaks, people want to
post on 20 forums and complain. The bats that last, people dont take the time to say a word...haha.

It is def also what rolling hard said...if you are taking balls off the handle or hitting every night 200 balls
in bp...then the bat will last less. Just like any bat. These bats dont take much time to break in unlike some
other brands. Does having a beater bat help, yes. Do you have to have one, no...but I encourage a beater
bat for ANY new model/make you buy. Never liked using my gamer for bp or stuff. Still dont use my gamer
to this day for bp.

Will a bat break, sure...can happen anytime without notice...bats roll off a line and made to be as hot
as you can get right away. You have give and take with the way bats are nowadays
Yea that was kinda my point of the post. To see some “positive” ghost posts. My kid went through a few ghosts. Some success with durability and some head scratchers where she would beat the hell out of it with bp and it lasts a year and another one would last a month. Each bat got the white glove treatment. Some lasted some didn’t. We went to a different bat manufacturer and she still longs for the ghost.Lol.

So, we’re going back to a ghost. I wanted to see what people were doing to get a years life out of the bat and what the correlation was.

I definitely agree about hitting the ball at either ends of the bat. I also think there can be something said for girls not swinging a proper bat size, i.e. too small and the amount of bat speed she’s generating.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD has the 2018 Blue Ghost-purchased from Core. She got it the summer before her HS Senior Year and is in her Sr Year of College. 34 -10. Praying it lasts one more season.

Jun 21, 2019
My DD started using a Ghost this past January. Bought her a 2022 and it went dead by the end of HS season. This included mostly 6 days of hitting per week in HS practice, lessons and travel practice. Got her a 2020 Ghost and that lasted until the end of the travel season.

Returned the first bat and she is using the replacement bat now. About to return the 2020 bat. We'll see what they send back! :)

She is currently in her Senior HS season and uses a 31/21. Next bat purchase will be a 32/22.

Sep 8, 2021
Daughter is an 07 15u. She's broken a lot of bats and the only one that has lasted is the 2021 Xeno. She used that through all winter and cold weather games through the spring and it probably has over 7k swings on it. Still looks brand new, it's still going, but doesn't have the pop it used to.

She swings hard, high of 77mph exit velo off a tee and a 76mph off front toss.

She broke the Blue and Grey Ghost about 11 months in. It got the weakness at the connection and separated. It was replaced with the original double barrel by easton.. that bat has shark tooth cracks all over it and a big carbon crack and is still unbelievably hot.. It was retired after about 10 months of heavy use when an ump said it couldn't be used in a game.

Bought the first advanced and broke 5 of those and all were replaced by the dicks warranty within a year. Most got bad cracks in the barrel and one was a bad one that came apart at the joint after about 3 weeks. only one of them made it past the 90 days and it was warrantied by easton.

The current Advanced is now the backup bat, bought one when it first came out and it lasted about 2 months before heavy cracks and looseness at the joint.

She has been currently swinging a 33" drop 9 unlimited since august.

By my count, she has broken one LXT, 7 or 8 ghosts through the years, one Mantra that had the inner core separate, and 3 mizunos that all broke on the barrel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812