Another "fun" tournament-Wildness ensued!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Back in 10U, DD's team entered into a 10U Open State Championship. One other organization there had entered 2 teams. The first of their two teams, DD team won 23 to 0. They put up 6, 6, and then 11 runs in the third inning to run rule them so it looked worse than it was.

Opposing coaches followed our coaches into the parking lot after the game. Not good. Never seen that before! Luckily, our coaches (4 of them) are all big dudes so those coaches might have lost two battles that day. Cooler heads prevailed, but we had to play their 'A' team the following day. They were out for blood. DD won 10-2 against that team. They went on to win the State Open tournament. Woot!

Jun 22, 2019
One tournament our team was in the finals waiting for the losers bracket team to finish and I was watching the game standing on the the side of the team that ended up losing. We already played that team and beat them bad, but it was cordial. A dad comes up and starts telling me the team we’re going to play in the finals cheats and said watch this, what happens that...etc. I just said thanks and walked off. We win the next game.

The very next tournament, our team gets beat in the first or second game and are facing the Dad’s team in an elimination game. He comes up and says hi...quick good luck and we separate. Our team destroys theirs...like by 22 runs in 3 innings. After the game, we’re packing up the stuff and this guy comes up and starts cussing me out with my 12 yr olds standing right next to me. I just looked at him and told him he was being ridiculous and then walked off.

I’ve never seen him again and to this day, I don’t know what he was upset about.

Jun 22, 2019
We had a terrible umpire at a tournament last year. She yelled at me before the game for trying to get my pitcher warm...we came directly from the game before and the other team was waiting on us, but had no break.

The umpire kept losing track of the count and one inning my teams in the field and she call the third out, but it was only two. The third base coach for the other team said how many do you have and I said 2. He then asks the umpire ”wasn’t it just the second” and she screams no it‘s 3. My wife sitting in the stands says fairly quietly...”oh God, don’t ask her” (the ump). The umpire immediately starts screaming at her and ejects her from the park. The third base coach for the other team looks at me and says...well that’s a first, someone getting tossed for trying to get a call correct for the other time. Then he said, don’t feel bad she tossed me the first game today. My son (11yr old bat boy) was in the dugout and he thought it was the funniest thing he’d ever seen...he laughed well into the next inning. My wife didn’t find it the least bit humorous...when the game ended I went to find my wife and she had the tournament director cornered and he said it would be the last time he used that umpire that he had tons of complaints.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
It's only 9:30 and the craziness has already begun today...team that could have easily beat us without her ended up forfeiting after first inning when "discovered" that they were playing with an un-rostered player (or really, a player on another roster). It was kind of obvious since she was wearing her teams helmet. They claimed they were "shorthanded"....with two players on the bench. Oh well...on to the next game....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101