Another "fun" tournament-Wildness ensued!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
Fun for not only the fact that DD's 18U team won their 3rd tourney out of 4 :))(y)), But when DD's team beat the first team of the day in the quarterfinals, one of their fathers starting yelling and really cursing out the umpires about how much they sucked all weekend. When his team's coach told him to calm down, he told her to shut the F up and that she sucked too and can't coach for nothing and that the team sucked and that he (he!) was tired of losing. So the coach had enough and started laying into him. Then a group of parents joined in and there was also sorts of yelling and cussing between parents and coaches, parents and parents. In 6 years of TB, it was the wildest thing I've seen......What's your wildest?

ez_softball

Life at the diamond...
Apr 14, 2017
That usually doesn't happen at 18U... behavior like that is reserved for 10U-14U parents. Those parents still believe their little Susie is going to have a full ride at her choice of DI schools and probably play on the Olympic Team.

Mar 6, 2016
True Story:

Very first year of TB in 10u with my older DD. We were still playing Rec and some families and players from the league wanted to put together a TB team for the off months from our local league.

First weekend of very first tournament about 90 minutes from where we live here in So Cal and we are at one of the "Field of Dreams" places out here that has 4 fields like a wheel but also a big restaurant that serves booze ("Great idea"! 😵 ) in the middle and we had 3 games on a Sunday and got backed up and finish up our game at about 10pm on Sunday night (school week too).

Well as we were playing our 10u game we kept hearing yelling and screaming on the field next to us in the 12u game. So we were all sort of wondering WTH are people so crazy for...its "just softball".

So then after our game is over we start heading back to parking lot and turn the corner around the restaurant and all we see are about 15-20 men and women just beating the shirt out of each other...kids screaming..women pulling each others hair...guys double teaming a guy on the ground..just f ing chaos.

So we try to quickly get our kids back behind the walls of the restaurant and outta there..but they already see whats going on and start crying and wondering what the hell is going on.

No security...no cops..just those same two 12u team parents beating the shirt out of each other.

That was our "welcome" to Travel Ball. We all thought, "What the hell did we get ourselves and our kids into???"

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
Fun for not only the fact that DD's 18U team won their 3rd tourney out of 4 :))(y)), But when DD's team beat the first team of the day in the quarterfinals, one of their fathers starting yelling and really cursing out the umpires about how much they sucked all weekend. When his team's coach told him to calm down, he told her to shut the F up and that she sucked too and can't coach for nothing and that the team sucked and that he (he!) was tired of losing. So the coach had enough and started laying into him. Then a group of parents joined in and there was also sorts of yelling and cussing between parents and coaches, parents and parents. In 6 years of TB, it was the wildest thing I've seen......What's your wildest?

was this at Diamond Nation, by chance?

Jun 26, 2019
We had an ump that suddenly vomited and passed out from heat exhaustion. Understandable, it was pretty hot and sunny that day. Beyond that I really don’t have much drama. I am not sure if I am going to the wrong tournament s and games or the right ones.

Jun 8, 2016
In 10U my DD's coach told the team not to shake hands with the other team because he was pissy at the other coach..I thought that was pretty classy of him. I didn't know what was going on right away otherwise I would have told my kid to go over and shake their hands regardless of what dufus dog coach told you...

Aug 25, 2019
That usually doesn't happen at 18U... behavior like that is reserved for 10U-14U parents. Those parents still believe their little Susie is going to have a full ride at her choice of DI schools and probably play on the Olympic Team.
It was kind of surprising that this happens at 18U, I guess the coaches ruined his DD's shot at full ride from a D1/P5 school. Although that team is basically the whipping pole of teams, they rarely win.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
The wildest thing I've seen is an organization that we played twice in 2 separate tournaments. All of their coaches were tossed when my team was beating theirs. They were F-bombing the umps, the TD's, the tournament themselves, etc. and refused to leave. Of course, their parents joined in to the point where the cops were called on them and the coaches and parents were removed from the grounds on both occasions.

The only other thing I remember was when I had a 12U team which I had to drag up 2 10U players that were both utility players and pitchers to make the team viable. At one tourney, we played a southern state team which had placed in the top 10 at PGF nationals the previous year. I threw my 2 10U pitchers which were extremely slow at the time. I had them throw nothing but their change ups to boot. They couldn't hit us. Their coaches were F-bombing their players in the dugout. They ended up winning in the bottom of the 5th 2-1 but their coaches were seriously pissed

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think at 14U I decided DD could take care of herself, if she needed help she knew where we were at. She wants to curse out coach more power to her, not going to be DW or me though.

One of the more enjoyable moments was needing to step between the opposing HC and AC to stop them from trying to beat each other down. I made physical conntact with both. Just happy they did not turn on me. Not even sure what the issue was, I didn't care.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28