Anderson Techzilla

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
Anyone have any thoughts on the Anderson Techzilla, the purple one 2012 I think? We have an Easton FS1 30/20 composite which has a great solid feel to it. But being in the midwest I anticipate her playing a good number of games under 55 degrees.

So I guess basically two questions, Don't worry about the cold & let her swing the composite fs1 all the time or waste some more money on an alloy techzilla for cold weather as well as the brunt of BP. I found the Tech on sale for 139 which seams like a good deal. We do have an easton typhoon her first bat but it feels like a paper clip, light & very cheap feel in your hands for whatever reason. I would find it hard to imagine a little 12 year old would actually be able to swing hard enough to break a composite in cold weather but I guess anything is possible. I also don't let her swing the FS1 vs dimples or those TCB in practice & I guess for 139 bux I would think the Tech would be a better practice type bat. Probably a waste of money but i have somewhat of a bat issue starting with her brothers bat collection ;)

Thanks Bill

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
A friend's dd really like hers.
My dd had a flexzilla for the trial period. It really drove the ball, but we both thought it felt weird.

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
A friend's dd really like hers.
My dd had a flexzilla for the trial period. It really drove the ball, but we both thought it felt weird.
OK so the Flex is a composite handle, I had never heard of the flexzilla. My son had an older Anderson but never got into to many games as they put the usssa sticker requirement on new bats But it was crazy hot in BP. Iv'e always like the Andersons that's why i was researching the Tech's. It is a 31/21 but I think based on the alleged lower moi it should feel probably lighter than her fs1 which is more top heavy. Thanks

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Our flexzilla (yes same bat with composite handle), was not light. In my head, I thought it felt like it was an end loaded bat with weight added to the knob to make it a balanced swing. Just holding it, it felt as heavy as a rockettech. As with any bat, it just takes some getting used to.

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
Our flexzilla (yes same bat with composite handle), was not light. In my head, I thought it felt like it was an end loaded bat with weight added to the knob to make it a balanced swing. Just holding it, it felt as heavy as a rockettech. As with any bat, it just takes some getting used to.
OK, yea that would be a problem if it felt heavier. Kinda sux you would love to be able to swing the bat first but kinda hard finding any Tech's in a store. Maybe I will hit the play it again sports

Oct 10, 2011
Fs1

You can find a used FS1 for 125.00 or under. I'd do that and swing away. We sold ours for 115.oo because she wanted the heavier FX1. Btw.. She's used hers dozens of times in colder weather but is now using her Scn2b.

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
You can find a used FS1 for 125.00 or under. I'd do that and swing away. We sold ours for 115.oo because she wanted the heavier FX1. Btw.. She's used hers dozens of times in colder weather but is now using her Scn2b.
So she never had any problems with her fs1 in the cold? Yes I have seen the fs1 really cheap as of late on line, thanks

Oct 10, 2011
Nope

Never any problems and because they are so cheap. .. I'm not too worried about it. They made the connection stronger starting with the brigade line. I wouldn't recommend it If they weren't so cheap though. DD'S FX1 is really broken in now and she has had such good luck with it, we aren't going to take any chances with it. Her Scn2b is identical in weight and she did they feel the same swinging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478