Anderson Rocketflex??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 11, 2009
All Right Pro's.......my DD loves her 33/24 RT but it is now her 5th she has caved in. Thinking of getting a RF. What size do you guys think??? She is just a freshman but is a well put together young lady. I am torn if I should try a 34/24 or a 33/23 in the RF. Again she has swung RT's for 4 years.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2013
My DD loves her 34/24 Rocketflex!! She is playing at 16/18A comp ball and I am here to tell you that this bat has a TON OF POP right out of the wrapper! It is NOT end loaded and swings just like a -10 bat should. I would highly reccomend this bat to anyone who is looking for a well balanced,easy to swing bat. If you are looking for great graphics and color this bat is not for you however if this is all you are looking for in a bat then you probably arent playing at a higher level anyways.

There is only one con that I could find. It developed a couple of Flat spots over the season and was taken away at the USA 16A ASA Nationals in CA by the UIC. I am sure Anderson will rectify this with a new bat but the verdict is still out because it is up to their techs to decide if the bat is damaged or not. Stay tuned for further........

Sep 12, 2013
Mkral- If you havent chosen the RF yet, I would reccomend the 34/24. My DD who is also a Freshman this year swings the RT 34/23 and now swings the RF 34/24. This bat is hot!! (DD hit .587 with 27HR last season at 16/18A ASA/TCS Tourneys) Good luck to your Freshman!

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Mkral- If you havent chosen the RF yet, I would reccomend the 34/24. My DD who is also a Freshman this year swings the RT 34/23 and now swings the RF 34/24. This bat is hot!! (DD hit .587 with 27HR last season at 16/18A ASA/TCS Tourneys) Good luck to your Freshman!

Holy smokes dude!

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I found a rocket flex on eBay today for $220.....
Do I hear any objections?
Is this bat worth it?
Does anyone have any major pros or cons regarding this model?

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD used to swing a 33/24 RT. Last year I moved her up to a 34/24 RF. She absolutely loves them! The only problem as I see it is that Anderson is no longer manufacturing them....at least not yet. So far, they only have the 2014 Ignite, Flexzilla and Rocketech advertised for sale. Hopefully this will be remedied but with Steve Anderson out of the picture, who knows? I would highly recommend this bat to anyone looking for a new one.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I found a rocket flex on eBay today for $220.....
Do I hear any objections?
Is this bat worth it?
Does anyone have any major pros or cons regarding this model?

According to DD

Pros...1) great feel since she can feel where the barrel is
2) great pop and mass behind the ball at contact
3) If your DD can hit well with an RT or RF, She'll be able to hit with anything in her hands

According to me

Cons...1) Flex of the handle will cause the epoxy resin to separate from the composite fibers...easy fix
2) Will dent in colder weather......As opposed to shattering/cracking/splitting
3) metal has a smaller sweet spot than composite bats (thus, see #3 above)

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
The RocketFlex has tremendous pop...one of our 10U girls hit three out of the park in the same day recently with hers. She was consistently hitting Total Control weighted balls 50-60 feet with it. She's big and strong but still...I couldn't believe the difference in distance when she switched over from her old Miken.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478